Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Nice seasoning on the Blackstone 17

Options
This effort turned out really nice. I started out with just some Crisco on the griddle surface. Rubbed it in, a light layer all over and let the griddle do it's thing for about 30 minutes on medium high heat until the smoke stopped. Let it cool off then repeated the process two more times. Not terribly happy with the results, I brought it in and applied a light layer of Crisco all over and plopped it in the oven at 450 for about 45 minutes. (opened the windows and turned on the attic fan to draw out the smoke)
Repeated that last step in the oven one more time and this thing looks well-seasoned. Have not tried it yet, but I am hoping the preparation will be worth the time.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It looks like a great job from here. Just to be sure, you should cook a pack of bacon on it because bacon. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Looks great.  I did mine in the oven initially.
    Yesterday, I was hitting 600s in the middle, 300s on the corners.  Thought about taking the torch to the corners.  I'm not stressing it though, should work just fine.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Focker said:
    Yesterday, I was hitting 600s in the middle, 300s on the corners.  Thought about taking the torch to the corners.  I'm not stressing it though, should work just fine.

Nice set up. I was gonna do my initial cook this evening but rain changed my plans. Maybe tomorrow.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

Nice set up. I was gonna do my initial cook this evening but rain changed my plans. Maybe tomorrow.
    Nice audible, what's on the menu?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."