Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bastards!

Options
SSQUAL612
SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
Saw this place while working today & it brought a lot of you to mind.
Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Like the Seinfeld episode
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Well this will last long

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I love you too! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I once met a guy named Jack Bastard. Really nice guy. Unfortunate name. Our children howled with laughter when he introduced himself. He said that was the typical reaction.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Been called worse ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I once met a guy named Jack Bastard. Really nice guy. Unfortunate name. Our children howled with laughter when he introduced himself. He said that was the typical reaction.
    Met a guy named Richard ****...he was referred to as **** Squared.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • CanDid
    CanDid Posts: 106
    Options
    No joke, yeeeaars ago in high school we had a substitute teacher who's name was Michael Hunt. Of course he never went by Mike for short.
    BGE XL
    NWArkansas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    My Dad had a customer once whose last name was Buzzard. I went to school with a girl named Honey Bee. I had a boss whose first and last names began with an A. One of the nicer things that he was called was A Square. 
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    YukonRon said:
    Met a guy named Richard ****...he was referred to as **** Squared.
    I'm getting censored for saying the guys name...4 letters starts with D rhymes with Prick. 
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    Met a girl whose real birth name was Merry Christmas...girl in school was named Pumpkin Ann. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh, you mean "D!ck"
    Options
    Can't forget about Hugh Jass.
    BGE XL
    NWArkansas
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dîck Münch
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I knew a Jenna Taylor. Worked with a guy who's sister's name is Earthling. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I have a client whose name is Wantha Johnson. No lie. We giggle like 12 year olds when her name shows up on the books. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Back in the day, channel 2 in Detroit would make congratulatory announcements from the community on their morning news cast.  One morning they congratulated a couple for their 50 year wedding anniversary. Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Heywood Jablome.  I saw it and spit my coffee out laughing.   I suspect lots of coffee stains were cleaned up that day. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    We have a local band called The Swinging Richards.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Had a high school teacher named Richard Lipps. He chose to go by Don instead of D ick... Probably a wise choice not that it mattered to a bunch of teenagers 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Yes it would help if parents would run the full name that they want to name their offspring by a group of fifth graders. If none of them giggle or turn red then it is probably okay. Of course sometimes names gain new associations years after they are given. For instance, my Dad was named Kermit years before Jim Henson dropped acid and named stuffed animals. Somebody called my parents house and asked for Kermie. My Mom is quick on the draw and said "This is Miss Piggy, Kermie is mine!".
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My former insurance agent had a baby girl.  The first & middle name combination is regretable.  Drew Lynn.
    Flint, Michigan
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    My local utility several years ago d an engineer who I had to call occasionally. His name was Richard Licking.  

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Hey!  Was out this afternoon and thought of you back.

Phoenix 
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
     Once worked with a Dusty Peter. He was a welder in a large building were we made tooling for automotive body shops. When you needed a welder, you would go to the nearest phone dial the intercom and call them by name.
    we also had a guy named Duane Jurorr. Every once in a while we would call Duane you'reawhore. 
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
    blasting said:

Hey!  Was out this afternoon and thought of you back.

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    OK .....y'all GOT to stop......I am currently attempting to cook pork chops on my medium BGE.... And I can't focus on them as u "bastards" are cracking me up.....I have said this before....there are some hilarious SOB's on this site. Thanks for some great weekend laughs!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    No name with a play on words, but I went to high school with a boy whose first name was Shirley! A real scrapper and a mean sumbitch to boot!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shirley was originally a male name until it's use in a popular novel.
    Options
    I am serious and don't call me shirley
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Had a teacher in hs named Carl Nett. We had him after German class. He was then Herr Nett. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    When in high school, one of the teams in our eastern Ontario sports association was from Bastard Township - no joke. Every game against those bastards was a ****, so as to speak.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!