Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    This grasshopper was a ride along at 40mph for about 10 minutes. He made it through the prerinse at the car wash. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Browsing the Sheetz online ordering menu, this looks decent..

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    Done deal, need to hoof it on over.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Watching the chihuahua daydream about being a duck dog or at least tagging along  ;) 

• DMW
    Options
    Mission accomplished

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    DMW said:
    Mission accomplished

Guessing you are going to have the sheetz in the morning. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Mission accomplished

Guessing you are going to have the sheetz in the morning. 
    Hope so...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Those are "no-bake" cookies.  I seem to get hammered and just cook stuff.  Those two tasks are not mutually exclusive. 

Bread is kalamata and queen olive, new mexico chile, red onion from my dehydrator, secret ingredient of poppy seed and such, yeast, yada yada.  Delicious. 

Cookies are white/brown sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, peanut butter (crunchy), milk, oatmeal, probably some other stuff that I don't remember.  No-bake.  Great thing to make while you are baked.  FIN
    Options
    Just finished redoing a guest bedroom. Turned a dump space into something decent.
    Still working on demo and rebuilding two 100 year old bathrooms. Replacing both. And doing period correct tiling. (PITA)
    Next, converting a room to a home office.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007
    Options
    That bread looks amazing nola. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options

I haven't had those since I was a kid. Man I loved it when my mom used to make those. Greatest cookies ever. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ribs on in the morning.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Flying to Chicago and surfing the internet at 30k feet.  Most of the airlines have a well known backdoor around purchasing wifi access.  Good times!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Options
    Ribs done.

Pork and beef on.

• DoubleEgger
    edited August 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just finished redoing a guest bedroom. Turned a dump space into something decent.
    Still working on demo and rebuilding two 100 year old bathrooms. Replacing both. And doing period correct tiling. (PITA)
    Is that the one inch tiles or the octagons? I was thinking about the old school octagons in two guest bathrooms. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited August 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Is that the one inch tiles or the octagons? I was thinking about the old school octagons in two guest bathrooms. 
    @DoubleEgger
    Doing a floor design that will be shared in the shower as well. Will be using what we now call subway tile used early 1900's Paris.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @DoubleEgger
    Will also be using octagon for the spaced back shelving.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @DoubleEgger
    My concept of the finished layout of the tile.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That will be nice Ron. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    That will be nice Ron. 
    Thank you, I hope it will turn out. I have made some major modifications, with the demolition, and made a big mistake on the back wall, I don't know why I did not catch it sooner, because I should have known better.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Ribs on in the morning.

Eoin, they certainly cut ribs differently in GB.  Is there a particular name for this cut?  I would think they'd dry out a bit quicker, BUT have more smoke/sauce/rub surface area.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• saluki2007
    Options
    That is going to be beautiful Ron. Will you be putting a glass door on it or leaving it open? We do not have a door for our shower. It's wide open to the elements. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eoin
    Options
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Ribs on in the morning.

Eoin, they certainly cut ribs differently in GB.  Is there a particular name for this cut?  I would think they'd dry out a bit quicker, BUT have more smoke/sauce/rub surface area.  
    These are the full length ribs. I am trying to educate my butcher, in the UK they tend to cut close to the bone on the top of the rib, but from what I see on here, you get more meat left on the top of the rib. They cook faster but dry out if you're not careful as there's not much meat on them.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Ribs on in the morning.

These are the full length ribs. I am trying to educate my butcher, in the UK they tend to cut close to the bone on the top of the rib, but from what I see on here, you get more meat left on the top of the rib. They cook faster but dry out if you're not careful as there's not much meat on them.
    No kidding. I thought SRF ribs were lacking in meat....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Wondering what HeavyG will be cooking tonight.....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Waiting for Dunkirk to start on Imax. 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The boy did good at the farmer's market, 13 ears for 4 bucks(guy was nice and told him to grab an extra lucky one), tomaters, peaches, and blueberries.  Got a cool idear on the flag, hoping to make one come Winter.

Testing out the new adapter for a quick clean up seasoning sesh.  Will be a nice camping setup, thanks @HeavyG

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Finished 90% of the back to school shopping, picked up a 10th birthday present for SWMBO Jr, and got a bunch of Costco stuff put away.  Now enjoying a glass of wine on the back porch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD