Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max $375, new in box (lots of pics)

Options
cookingdude555
cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum
I had to take it.  I sold the small to fund the venture, not financially, but to keep myself married.  My wife is awesome, I am glad she lets me do this.  Anyway, on to the cook:

Lit it with a starter waxy thing that came with it.  Never used these in 9 years of using eggs:

Dialed in at 350 no problem

Wings went in flour seasoning mix

cooked the wings indirect using the 30 20 10 method

I kept my gear from my small: woo, kick ash basket, and high que grate (I let the platesetter go with the small egg).  The kick ash basket and high que grate are for the mini max size anyway (they work really good in the small).  I really like this cooker.  I dont plan on moving it around (thats what weber jumbo joes are for), but having it go on my table makes it so much better to cook on for me.  The small in the small next was so short.  This cooked a lot like the small, but seemed to want to run higher than the small did.  Without the indirect setup, once it cleared the smoke puffing stage, when the exhaust turns clear, and it starts to take off, it flew up to 575 quickly before I slowed it down.  I am very pleased with exchanging my small for this egg.

Comments