Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Egg. I'll be just fine!

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
No Egg, ok. House has own dock and pool. Beaches have no crowds. Water is wonderful. 
It will work for a week. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options
    Seems they like right hand drive and lots of traffic circles. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Can't hide Toyota money 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Can't hide Toyota money 
    No, daughter's family with us. I'm spending her money the way I look at it. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    She probably does as well but definitely enjoying how it's being spent right now.  Great vacation destination.  They didn't toss in a boat for the week? ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Beautiful water! Where are you?
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Mickey
    Options
    leemschu said:

Turks & Caicos

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Looks miserable. My condolences. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Mickey said:
    leemschu said:

Turks & Caicos

Where on Provo?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Careful Mickey. There was just another armed robbery at a rental home on the beach in Provo.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Careful Mickey. There was just another armed robbery at a rental home on the beach in Provo.
    The crime rate is much different than 20 years ago including gun violence.  Still a pretty safe place.
  • Mickey
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Mickey said:
    leemschu said:

Turks & Caicos

Where on Provo?
    We are on the canals by Blue Haven Harbor 

• Mickey
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Photo Egg said:
    The crime rate is much different than 20 years ago including gun violence.  Still a pretty safe place.
    The car rental company insists you do not ever lock your car (or you pay damages). 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Mickey said:
    bgebrent said:
    Mickey said:
    leemschu said:

Turks & Caicos

Where on Provo?
    That is a pretty area Mickey.
    We visited the Blue Haven Resort several times. They have a very nice general store as well. It was a Sister Resort to the place we were at so we had free shuttle service back and forth.
    Are you going to do any fishing?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    hope you are able to suffer through it and make the best of it. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Mickey said:
    bgebrent said:
    Mickey said:
    leemschu said:

Turks & Caicos

Where on Provo?
    Nice. Enjoy your family and T&C!
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Mickey said:
    No Egg, ok. House has own dock and pool. Beaches have no crowds. Water is wonderful. 
    It will work for a week. 
    What's under the funeral shroud?  It might be useful in a pinch.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow -- looks AMAZING!

I've been to the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands, but many decades ago, never Turks/Caicos.  Looks absolutely wonderful!  Enjoy!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very cool. I love the Caribbean.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Surge
    Surge Posts: 56
    Options
    Funny. Was just in a similar situation. Bought a $20 Hibachi at the local grocery store. 
    Not bad!

Large Egg
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    probably the only one here but i dont see any fish, any shadows of fish, an eyeball of a fish, water that even looks fishy =) whats the other side of the island look like ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bgebrent
    Options
    probably the only one here but i dont see any fish, any shadows of fish, an eyeball of a fish, water that even looks fishy =) whats the other side of the island look like ;)
    Bone fishing there is excellent as is deep sea.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    What fun is a beach without a bunch of hot asian chicks to check out?

Rhetorical question...answer is clear.
    Gittin' there...
  • fishlessman
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    =) was already looking it up
    South side, Pine Cay, North Caicos and Middle Caicos

looks like a 5 weight kinda day
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mickey said:
    The car rental company insists you do not ever lock your car (or you pay damages). 
    I once had my car window broken and something stolen. All four doors were unlocked. These guys are in a hurry. They don't take time to see if the doors are unlocked.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    =) was already looking it up
    South side, Pine Cay, North Caicos and Middle Caicos

looks like a 5 weight kinda day
    We spent our first week at friends in North Caicos. They had an air boat in Bottle Creek and we fished for barracuda. It was a blast. Also caught a big Snook off the beach around an old construction crane and barge that was beached.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the barracuda like the warm water, im thinking the bonefish are off the flats right now. big cudas are fun on light tackle
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Options

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Nice.  Going fishing or just beach bumming?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Nice.  Going fishing or just beach bumming?
    Beach Bumming

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Man i would not want to be in that clear water. You would see what was about to chew your leg off.....before the big chomp. I'll have the fish sammie and a beer.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow