Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Brisket Marinade Recipe

Options
Anthony Up North
Anthony Up North Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is the recipe I used for my Brisket. Both of these were taken from "The Kansas City Barbeque Society Cookbook" ISBN: 0-9649176-0-2 (hardback) - ISBN: 0-9641976-1-0 soft cover. This is an EXCELLENT book for BBQers.[p]Smoke Barbequed Brisket submitted by Bob Brown of the Holy Smokers.[p]1/2 cup barbeque spices (see recipe for BBQ spices listed below)
1/2 cup red wine. (I used Merlot)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 (7-10 lb. beef brisket) Mine was 5.5 to 6 lbs.[p]Mix all ingredients. Pour mixture over brisket in a non-reactive dish. Marinate in refrigerator for six hours or longer. (I marinated mine for 24 hours turning every 6 hours) Place brisket in smoker and cook. (I would suggest EGGing indirect over a pan filled half full with 50% water mixed with 50% of the marinade - that is what I did - only I place the brisket on a rack inside a covered pan, so that the brisket did not touch the liquid, and cooked it as described below in the oven - 225 F. for 11 hours until internal temp of meat was 205-210). [p][p]Second is a general Rub or "Barbeque Seasoning." This is given by Pierce Walker.[p]1 cup salt.
1 cup sugar
1/4 paprika
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. chili seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground celery seeds
1 tsp crushed rosemary
1/2 tsp dillweed
1/4 tsp ground bay leaf.[p]Combine all ingredients, mix well and use as a general rub for BBQing meats.

Comments