Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt ideas/rub ideas

Options
Johno94m
Johno94m Posts: 9
Hello,

I am doing a 10-12 pound pork butt bone in on saturday and would love to make some sloppy pulled pork sandwiches. Can anybody give me some recipes that would knock it out of the park??

Thanks,
XL BGE
Niagara, Ontario, Canada

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    If you cook the pork until it falls apart you'll knock it out of the park. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Brine it for 12-24 hours,  use mustard as your base and then add your favorite rub, then slather with peach preserves. Cook low and slow. Smoke with with peach wood. Add remainder of peach preserves to your BBQ sauce, mix well and serve.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Hit the search function here and be ready for more info than you can likely digest.  Pick something and go.  Remember ( sometimes a challenge for a few here) how it turns out and then adjust for the next round.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.