Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGFEST2001 - April 28 -

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to post some new news about EGGFEST2001 in Waldorf MD.
They are going to have 15 Eggs this year so we must be growing! Anyone who went last year must remember the trip to Capt'n Billy's for diner. Last year 4-5 cars went down the 20 miles to the resturant that is on the Potomac River in Maryland. Those 4-5 cars shouldn't have been on the road on the way back (if you know what I mean) and so this year "The Mayor of Waldorf" has arranged a charterd bus to haul the roudy crowd back and forth to Capt'n Billy's. I think there were 20-30 of us there last year and we had crabs, shrimp, hush puppies, crab cakes, and all the other stuff that goes with it. Whewwwww, lots of food, all you can eat and drinks too (beer, soda). We split the cost and it was $25 per head so they are doing it again this year and chartering the bus, and still for just $25/head. I didn't take my camera last year, but I will this year!! That was a wild time!! Dale is a party just wait'n to happen! We are going to be in a place where we can bring in our own beverages for the event this year, and it has a covered pavilion to cook under. Please vist the website and let us know if you plane to come.[p]http://www.tm52.com/eggfest/index.htm[p]Oh, they asked me what we thought about having cooking seminars. Topics could be:
how to cook steaks
how to replace a gasket
how to do pizza
how to do etc???[p]They want some of the forum Egg'ers to do the seminars. What do you think?? How many would go to a 30 min seminar?? Let me know if you're interested in teaching one.[p]

[ul][li]Eggfest2001 - april 28, 2001[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    You are correct. Dale is a party animal. This'll be a blast. Hell...even if there wasn't an eggfest, I'd be there for the crabs and beer!![p]I'll do a 15 minute seminar on cleaning and preparing fresh squid.[p]Hey fellow eggers....if you haven't gone to Tim's site to register, you should. And anyone interested in a pre-eggfest gathering on thursday night before the fest....email me. [p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • char buddy
    Options
    Tim M,[p]All this sounds like a dream come true, but I'm not sure I'll make the Capn billy trip. My son and I like to stop over in Baltimore and take in a game.
    On the other hand - crab cakes and the rest for only $25!![p]About those seminars.[p]Could someone go over how to set up different size BGEs for low and slow cooking.[p]

• Tim M
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]Since there are a lot of new Egg owners and possible future Egg owners at Eggfest, a seminar of basic "how to set one up" would be in order. That could cover everything from starting it to grilling and lo&slow methods. Good idea.[p]Tim
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] Chris, consider this my e-mail[p] Earl & Barb
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Earl,
    Yeeeeeeeeeeee HAAA!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    DSCF0031.JPG
    <p />Tim M,[p] If possible, Barb could do one on quails from de boneing to
    type of setup to cooking temps & times
    That is if Nature Boy can locate any for us.LOL

Earl

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Earl,
    Whatever you need, lemme know. If you want to come by here during the day on Thurdsay, I would be happy to take you guys around....of course after we chow down on some good lunch.[p]Nice picture. You could've waited til after lunch!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Tim M,
    Do we need to sign up early for the crab feast?
    JimW

• Tim M
    Options
    Jimw,[p]No need to register early, I know there will be plenty of folks ready to go. We had a couple of folks last year that wanted to get "good ol' Maryland Crabs" when they came. I can't recall who they were now but they sure got crabs and lots more(Barb and Earl maybe). It was a great time!!! If you haven't added your name to the "non-committing" registration page - please do so at the link below - it gives us an idea who is pretty sure they are comming.[p]
    Tim
    Tim

[ul][li]Eggfest2001 "non-committing" sign-up page[/ul]
  • Tim M,
    I will be attending and purchasing a demo egg,I personaly would attend any & every seminar that would be provided. I read this forum regurlarly and can`t wait to own one, not to mention meet everyone at the eggfest and gain as much knowledge as I can....
    Anxiously awaiting..
    Wess