Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There's worse ways to spend a Sunday...

Options
dopey
dopey Posts: 201
300 mi ride through NW CT and Eastern NY

Home about 11 and fire up the XL and toss some ribs on for dinner.

Wife wants chicken thighs for her salad for lunch... No problem.

Now I get to spend the rest of the day in the garage with tunes and beer and just wait till dinners done.

I didn't even have to use my AK

Today was a good day
What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I applaud your efforts to get outside. Too f'n hot down south right now.....but the sun will go down.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as @northGAcock. It looks like you are indeed having a fine day. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very nice!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I applaud your efforts to get outside. Too f'n hot down south right now.....but the sun will go down.
    That's what I was think @northGAcock. I was like, "oh man, I should just go to my garage and (opens door) Nope. F that. Back inside!"

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, when wife asked when I was going to get to the lawn, the response was still "it's too hot".  Nowhere near down south probably, but I like sub 40 degree temps the best.
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It's ass whip city down here right now. 104 every day for a week. We are living in the pool these days. I did cook a brisket in the dishwasher yesterday. Was fine until about 3pm. Felt hotter outside than inside the smoker. 

Brisket for 10 poolside. We all ate off the board in the water. Good day
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I had a Harley Davidson Softail many years ago, when it first came out, and have never loved a vehicle the way I loved that bike.  The feeling of freedom was just amazing.  But I have an inner ear problem that sometimes makes me dizzy, and it's really helpful to know which way is up when driving a two-wheeled vehicle...  So no more Hog for me...

The ribs look great, though!  :)
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Options
    Nice. Started my day off building a deck, buddy stopped by so we polished off a case of beer, smoked some wings, and smoked a slab of beef plate ribs. Wife texted me that she and the kids will be gone another day. Now it's just me, whiskey, and beef ribs. 

Not to mention the glorious Michigan weather. Life is good.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Nice. Started my day off building a deck, buddy stopped by so we polished off a case of beer, smoked some wings, and smoked a slab of beef plate ribs. Wife texted me that she and the kids will be gone another day. Now it's just me, whiskey, and beef ribs. 

Not to mention the glorious Michigan weather. Life is good.
    I want your life
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Meeeshigan22 - you should run out and buy a lottery ticket.  Better to be lucky than good any day.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I like this post very much!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    @Meeeshigan22   Get that big smile off your face!!  ;)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    ... Not to mention the glorious Michigan weather. Life is good.
    I haven't lived in Michigan for many decades, but yes, I definitely miss the weather.  My brother still lives there, and he doesn't necessarily love the winter there, but my memory is that overall, I liked the weather there more than any other place I've lived.  I stay inside in the air conditioning most of the time here in NC.  Enjoy it up there!