Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - golf - Spieth or Kuch?

TN_Egger
TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
I like them both.  Jordan got hosed on the first hole.  Now his confidence is shaken.  
Signal Mountain, TN

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    No bad choice there. Would hate to see Spieth lose another lead of final day and have that baggage, but would love to see Kuch win here in a shootout, don't want bogies to decide it.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I got to pull for Kuch...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Speith of course. Hook'em all the way.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Photo Egg
    Little guy is falling apart.
    kuchhhhhh
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    If it wasn't Kuchar, Spieth all the time. Today, KUUUUUUUCH!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited July 2017
    Happy for either - probably lean Kucher.  Hoping for playoff.      

Great and timely OT. Better than an oil change on a Camry.  B)B)B)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Spieth, what a response after the drive on 13.  Dang-killer instinct today for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Spieth is a straight up Assassin! Finish em off!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo Egg
    Agree, very happy with either winning and it's been a good day of golf. Just had to pull for a big win for Kuch but looks futile at this point.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HOOK'em!!!  \m/
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    I thought spieth was gonna collapse again then he pulled out a birdie,eagle, birdie. Clutch. He is all class and Kuch is awesome too.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Wow! Two absolutely class acts.  Almost fell out of my chair when Spieth "cup checked" his caddie in the scorer's tent.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited July 2017
    TN_Egger said:
    Wow! Two absolutely class acts.  Almost fell out of my chair when Spieth "cup checked" his caddie in the scorer's tent.
    That was hilarious. Great day to watch A whole round of golf (and there are very few of those in my book). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited July 2017
    I'm a huge Spieth fan. Was standing 20 feet from him 2 years ago when he putted out for the win at 18  at the Masters. Met @Chubbs there too which was awesome. He runs one of the scoreboards. 
  • I'm more of a hook & slice kinda guy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    I worked overnight and was very disappointed to wake up and find out I missed a very entertaining day of golf. I did manage to watch a little bit and enjoy a cold one at 8am before bed. 
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I'm a huge Spieth fan. Was standing 20 feet from him 2 years ago when he putted out for the win at 18  at the Masters. Met @Chubbs there too which was awesome. He runs one of the scoreboards. 
    Totally agree, golf needs the next star and he's a great guy.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Tiger who?

#newsherrif
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Tiger who?

#newsherrif
    I saw this week that tiger fell out of the top 1000 (not 100, 1000) golfers in the world. I actually think that sucks. I couldn't stop watching when he was at his best. Jordan is a local guy for us down here so that is really fun to watch. After how he melted down in the masters last year, when he was 4 over and 100 yards of course today I was thinking "here we go again". What he did those last 5 holes was pretty ballsy. Fun to watch golf again for the first time in a long time. I keep waiting for Rory to step back up and provide some fireworks with those 2 for years to come. 
  • ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    I thought that Jordan's acceptance comments were some of the most thoughtful that I've ever heard. Class act.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    My Money on Spieth~~
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Spieth's slow play is ridiculous. Kuch shouldn't have had to sit there for a half hour in the fairway while SlowPlay Spieth was screwing around.

It's ironic that golf is doing everything it can to speed up the game to keep it relevant in today's world while its top star plays slower than a 90 yr old grandma with a pull cart. 
  • WDE86
    WDE86 Posts: 69
    Spieth's slow play is ridiculous. Kuch shouldn't have had to sit there for a half hour in the fairway while SlowPlay Spieth was screwing around.

It's ironic that golf is doing everything it can to speed up the game to keep it relevant in today's world while its top star plays slower than a 90 yr old grandma with a pull cart. 
    I 100% agree with that in any scenario other than a final round of a major. Not saying that it's perfectly acceptable but with everything on the line so to speak, it makes sense given the gravity of the situation. 

However, rules are rules and etiquette is etiquette. I'm not sure if this type of thing is frowned upon or understood by other PGA players. 

Also, this isn't the only time Speith has taken his sweet time. 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Tiger who?

#newsherrif
    I saw this week that tiger fell out of the top 1000 (not 100, 1000) golfers in the world. I actually think that sucks. I couldn't stop watching when he was at his best. Jordan is a local guy for us down here so that is really fun to watch. After how he melted down in the masters last year, when he was 4 over and 100 yards of course today I was thinking "here we go again". What he did those last 5 holes was pretty ballsy. Fun to watch golf again for the first time in a long time. I keep waiting for Rory to step back up and provide some fireworks with those 2 for years to come. 
    Agreed. I'll say, I've always wanted to golf as well as Tiger, and now I do!

The comparisons are laughable..

http://www.fanbay.net/golf/tigerwoods.htm

Look at 23 and 24 year old Tiger..  Holy crap. He won over 40% of the tourneys he entered in that span.  That's nuts.  
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    WDE86 said:

I 100% agree with that in any scenario other than a final round of a major. Not saying that it's perfectly acceptable but with everything on the line so to speak, it makes sense given the gravity of the situation. 

However, rules are rules and etiquette is etiquette. I'm not sure if this type of thing is frowned upon or understood by other PGA players. 

Also, this isn't the only time Speith has taken his sweet time. 
    Yup. He'd been notified prior to his 30 min debacle for slow play. I don't care if you are in the last group of a major. The rules should apply equally to all players.