Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Are your feelings hurt? - OT

13»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Foghorn -  truly sorry for your professional hose job.  Guessing the thing was courtesy of United Airlines??
    Also appreciate the business scam enlightenment you summarized.  Air travel is such a screw job these days-and I doubt it will get any better.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    @lousubcap, it's American Airlines.

I fly to Chicago a lot.  From San Antonio only American and Southwest fly direct.  I fly Southwest whenever I can.  However, for many of my trips the American flights have better times so I fly them about half the time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    @Foghorn that all sounds pretty lousy, and unfortunately in my experience, pretty typical of air travel these days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited July 2017
    Oh damn dude. I live that little slice of heaven a few times a year. Got stuck in Philly a few weeks ago. I have heard that in the small print in true "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" style they can actually hook you up with a roomie if they so choose. I never take the airline hotel. They always suck. I am fortunate to have my business expenses covered so I can handle my own hotels and dinners and bourbon etc when I get screwed. It still sucks but it does make life easier when you can just bail and do your own thing. I feel sorry for people who have to cover these things out of pocket. On top of being a total pain in the ass, It's expensive for civilians to have to pay for unexpected stuff like this
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited July 2017
    One time I had to fly to Alaska on short notice.  Got to do it through Netjets.  The Citation X was really cool, and just right for me by myself. It had square cup holders for the Fiji water bottles.  It was a headache to get scheduled because you're supposed to schedule a flight plan a min of 48hrs in advance for Alaskan airspace.  I only had 24hrs notice.  Trying to find who in the DOD to call for approval was difficult.  Life is rough sometimes, but we make it through.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Foghorn
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker, you're right.  I'm definitely more fortunate than most of the travelers that were in the same situation.  On this trip, I'm not responsible for my expenses and even if I were, I can afford it without it being a disaster.  I recognize that is not true for all travelers.  It wasn't true for me for many years.  It's one of those "almost every gate in the airport has a line of people with an issue" days in the airport.  

My flight that I'm supposed to be on today went through Dallas - but it is delayed and will miss the connection.  So they got me on a later direct flight to San Antonio in an exit row.  It's not as good as getting home yesterday, but if it is anywhere close to on time, I will get home in time for the Earth Wind and Fire concert that we have tickets for tonight which is the only thing I really had planned for today.  

@Ozzie_Isaac and @thetrim, I've flown in private jets a couple of times.  It is a sweet way to travel no doubt.  But not something I can do regularly.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Foghorns pilot suffered a prolapse
    of judgment about amounts of gas
    now he's late for his work
    feeling butt hurt
    while Ozzie pops bottles in first class
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    @blind99, very nice.

I prefer haikus to limericks (only because they are easier)

I'm still in O'Hare
    Because of not enough gas
    Wish I owned a jet

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I've been stuck like this with several airlines over the years and it just sucks all the way around.  Glad you're getting back in time for concert.  Company I work for has a couple of corp jets and I've had the opportunity a couple of times to fly.  Nothing beats the 'show up 5 min before departure time' but in my case, both were trips to meet w/very pissed off clients, so that took some of the glam out of it.  I'm getting lazy w/biz travel, much longer lead times to flights, avoiding tight connections, etc.  I'm just tired of that grind.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited July 2017
    Foghorn said:
    @blind99, very nice.

I prefer haikus to limericks (only because they are easier)

I'm still in O'Hare
    Because of not enough gas
    Wish I owned a jet
    The only problem
    with owning your own airplane?
    No beer when you fly

(unless you have a pilot too)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    There once was a man from Nantucket.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    No pilot for your plane? Man, that's rough!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He was depressed with a gun and said Phucket.
    He lit up some lump
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    blind99 said:
    He lit up some lump
    And he gave it a thump...
  • slovelad said:
    blind99 said:
    He lit up some lump
    Then he took a...grumpy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    slovelad said:
    blind99 said:
    He lit up some lump
    Then he took a...grumpy.

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    @Hans61, I don't know if it is true on the ground but your contribution is freakishly slow at 34,000 feet with bad wifi.  Makes it that much more hard to watch - and not watch at the same time.  

San Antonio, TX

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Foghorn said:
    @Hans61, I don't know if it is true on the ground but your contribution is freakishly slow at 34,000 feet with bad wifi.  Makes it that much more hard to watch - and not watch at the same time.  
    LMAO :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    WAAAAH FORCE ONE

SO...is Melissa Mac going to be doing a farewell performance on SNL tonight???

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    HeavyG said:
    WAAAAH FORCE ONE

I hope so, I really hope so. I might not be able to stay up that late, but Tivo has me covered for an early AM viewing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Yes....may never smile again.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    HeavyG said:
    WAAAAH FORCE ONE

Dangnabit, it's a rerun...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker