Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really Good Ribs

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
I copied this from one of the forums over a year ago (sorry, don't know who to give credit):
5 hours straight and naked@250. Forget all them steps! Or 1hr40min @350, sauce last 20min. I like them both ways.

I tried the shorter version, not pulling the membrane, and generously sprinkling the meat side with John Henry's Sugar Maple Seasoning.  Used indirect heat in the Weber and flipped at the half way point.  Did not sauce, but next time I will.  The ribs were really tasty and not dried out.
BTW, I purchased the rack at a local market.  The very meaty slab was vacuum sealed and only labeled as "spare ribs.  These were full size ribs and well trimmed.  Will definitely be doing this again!!~~:.

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited July 2017
    With 3500 posts, you know The rules.  Pics or it didn't happen.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Turn on your imagination program, close your eyes and let it happen!!  Apparently PB is all f*cked up and I just don't have the time right now to experiment with an alternative!!
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Rascal said:
    Turn on your imagination program, close your eyes and let it happen!!  Apparently PB is all f*cked up and I just don't have the time right now to experiment with an alternative!!
    If by PB you mean PhotoBucket, you don't need it for this forum!  You can upload your photos directly to this forum!
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Looks a lot like the ones I made last week.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @SSQUAL612 - I did a batch of submerged and undetected ones as well.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.