Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: interesting - buffalo agreed to a request :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
Pictures of a new table which drew unsolicited recommendations which ticked off the poster has been deleted. Poster asked for it to be removed and it was - I didn't know that ever happened.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Obviously the buffalo runs submerged and undetected until deciding to work his/her powers upon us mere forum participants.  I agree- never have heard of a proactive "buffalo strike".  
    Learn something new every day around here.  The value is certainly open for debate.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    I have it on good authority that the Buffalo reads all of the threads...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    "reads" and "responds" to are two different words. By everyday standards that thread was nice, helpful, caring etc but the OP took real offense to it. BTW it sure was NOT a Friday night boxing match of beat him up and carry his bloody body out on a stretcher!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Poster asked for it to be removed and it was - I didn't know that ever happened.
    Ron, I must of missed that thread. However on that same note, sometime back I posted a thread and none of my pics showed up. I asked the Buffalo to deleted the thread and it was gone like a turd down the toilet.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    @SGH - just another miracle of the anus...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    The anus works in mysterious ways my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    The anus works in mysterious ways my friend ;)

That is a beautiful anus. Looks like Northern Lights may have been involved.
    On another note, there is a chance we may be able to see the Northern Lights here in PA:
    https://patch.com/pennsylvania/yardley/northern-lights-could-be-visible-pennsylvania-tonight

I was just outside and scanning the sky to the north, but didn't see anything. Will check a couple more times before turning in, would be cool to see.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    edited July 2017
    @DMW
     Back in the 90's I did several stints in Alaska and the Arctic Ocean for British Petroleum, Shell Oil and the now defunct ARCO (Atlantic Richfield Corporation). 
    Up until then I had never seen the Northern Lights. They were breath taking to say the least. In may all be in my head, but it seemed like the farther North you went, the more impressive they looked. For example, when we were out on the Arctic Ocean, they seemed much more visible and active than when we was in Anchorage or Kenai. It may have just seemed that way, but it sure looked that way. 
    At any rate, hope you get a look at them.  

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Anyone screen grab the table?  I am curious.  I wonder if we could sell some t-shirts with pics of the table on it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    I may or may not have contributed to that.. but hey.. it was honest advice and better to hear it than end up being your house down
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Missed it.  Or did i really? :unamused:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Synopsis:

The guy said he posted his table fishing for compliments. When he got something else he got hurt right in the feels and took his ball and ran home crying.

The Buffalo showed his compassionate side and actually deleted the thread.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    lousubcap said:
    The anus is quite miraculous.  Think of it this way.  The next time you are at the beach or lake, pick up some sand and water in your hands.  Then try to let air out the bottom without any sand or water escaping.  

Every time you fart this is what is happening.  

For some of you I know this miracle occurs more often than others.  

I suspect @SGH has a most miraculous anus.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    on another, yet semi-related note.....did that guy who posted the boob gif get banned?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2017
    HeavyG said:
    Synopsis:

The guy said he posted his table fishing for compliments. When he got something else he got hurt right in the feels and took his ball and ran home crying.

Don't have time to read this entire thread and weed through the anus abyss. What  was quote-unquote wrong with this gentleman's table?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • As I recall, somebody thought a stone or tile under the egg & it's table nest would help prevent a fire.  Somebody else thought more structure to hold the weight of the egg would be wise.  Nobody said it sucked.
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    HeavyG said:
    Synopsis:

Don't have time to read this entire thread and weed through the anus abyss. What  was quote-unquote wrong with this gentleman's table?
    Well, first @loveslad suggested in a civil way that he ought to put a stone under the metal stand - but he replied the dealer told him it wasn't needed and beside if it burnt then so would the wooden deck it is sitting on. The OP later added that anybody who has a fire just meant they are negligent!

Then I came along and also suggested in a civil way that since his egg was sitting on unbraced 5/4 wood slats he might want to strengthen it by adding a 2x4 or two as the 5/4 will sag from the weight. That too pissed him off. 

Then some others came along in civil ways agreeing with us. By then he was so butt hurt he asked the buffalo to delete it and "poof" it was gone!

And lastly...@erikjs71 can confirm all of this if he cares to.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Buffalo, please remove this thread.

He didn't get pissed, I think he was just disappointed that he posts on his table and it was promptly met with a bunch of unsolicited advice.  I thought it was all a bit hen-pecky myself and commented that it was beginning to sound like an HOA.  I have to believe he just wanted it pulled down so it didn't snowball.
  • Legume
    I'll add, it wasn't the drama that might be implied by this getting posted this morning.  Nothing to see here.
  • RRP
    Legume said:

He didn't get pissed, 
    huh??? All of his replies in that thread showed anger and disgust! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    DONT TELL ME IM GOING TO BURN MY HOUSE DOWN =)=)=)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    This group offer unsolicited free advice on "how not to burn your house down". Heathens :wink:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Legume
    RRP said:
    Legume said:

He didn't get pissed, 
    Ron, lots of people overreact here from time to time.  I would imagine this thread is the kind of thing he was trying to avoid.
  • RRP
    Legume said:
    RRP said:
    Legume said:

He didn't get pissed, 
    Ron, lots of people overreact here from time to time.  I would imagine this thread is the kind of thing he was trying to avoid.
    OK - I'll buy into that. Also I will try my best to not again offer unsolicited advice to newbies.
  • lousubcap
    @RRP - there are many great insights that get posted to NEO (new egg owner) threads independent of the initial inquiry.  I would not let one recent speed-bump derail the entire process.  FWIW-
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2017
    Sounds like some inappropriate photos showed up on the post, so it was requested to be removed, which I agree with ... I even requested and had one of my topics deleted in the past for the same reason.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    No way Brent reads them all. I bet Nicole does most of it. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    EggNorth said:
    Sounds like some inappropriate photos showed up on the post, so it was requested to be removed, which I agree with ... I even requested and had one of my topics deleted in the past for the same reason.
    only picture in the thread was the OP table picture which prompted the comments - there were no "inappropriate photos" tacked on.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    EggNorth said:
    Are you speaking of the nipple rubbing gifs?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf