Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sitting in the Austin airport waiting for my flight to Mexico for a week.  My liver has no idea what's coming it's way. 
    Ha man, don't drink the water.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Finishing off this little 8 legged b@$!@%* that literally crawled across my hand while I'm scrolling through post.  

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Sitting in the Austin airport waiting for my flight to Mexico for a week.  My liver has no idea what's coming it's way. 
    We are trying to make it back to Mexico, Where are you staying?  
    The last time we went it was El Dorado Maroma. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you thought notching wood was bad, stone is worse. For scale, the grinder is 7"

Minutes away from being done!!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @theyolksonyou I can sympathize with you... Of all the different technicians I rotate with at work ... I have one that just grinds my gears EVERY TIME...
    so I preload my guy with scrambled eggs and jalapeños before each shift i have to work with her... 
    He sleeps under my desk and in return keeps her out of my office unless it's absolutely necessary 
    :rofl:
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Just set up Kodi for the first time. What took me so long
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    If you thought notching wood was bad, stone is worse. For scale, the grinder is 7"

Minutes away from being done!!!
    You win the weekend having too much fun throw down!

• northGAcock
    Options
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Offshore fishing is called off for tomorrow as they are calling for 5-8 foot seas. Inshore, this has been the worst year that I can remember in the last 12. Nobody is catching anything.  Result: staying home.
    What am I going to do? For those of you who remember me starting to reface my woodshed with stone last year in the fall, tomorrow is the day I will finish it.

I can not freaking wait.

I am so excited, that I had to type it here and tell you guys. 

Yep, I am that excited!!!

If you have time, I have a backsplash....
    Why don't you just carpet it?
    Because I'm married and she hasn't worked in 15 yrs. can't afford a divorce. 
    Better hope Amy doesn't check in on here...
    We were discussing some friends divorce this afternoon. She knows I can't afford it. 
    I was going to say "and she has a college degree" when I thought....nevermind, she went to UGA.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Offshore fishing is called off for tomorrow as they are calling for 5-8 foot seas. Inshore, this has been the worst year that I can remember in the last 12. Nobody is catching anything.  Result: staying home.
    What am I going to do? For those of you who remember me starting to reface my woodshed with stone last year in the fall, tomorrow is the day I will finish it.

I can not freaking wait.

I am so excited, that I had to type it here and tell you guys. 

Yep, I am that excited!!!

If you have time, I have a backsplash....
    Why don't you just carpet it?
    Because I'm married and she hasn't worked in 15 yrs. can't afford a divorce. 
    Better hope Amy doesn't check in on here...
    We were discussing some friends divorce this afternoon. She knows I can't afford it. 
    I was going to say "and she has a college degree" when I thought....nevermind, she went to UGA.
    That would have been funny if it hadn't come from a Gamecock. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Ribs and strips of pork belly, did an XL full, this is what is left after the boys had their tea (there were sausages too, but the boys ate those).

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Getting ready to do hamburgers and sweet corn on the xl and drinking some America 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 479
    Options

Ribs...some of ther best I've ever cooked
    Austin, TX
  • bucky925
    Options

Ribs...some of ther best I've ever cooked
    Awww  I kind of rember mine being that young. Keep the memories they will go by way to fast!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @Eggpharmer -  you definitely got the family seals of approval.  Nailed it across the board.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Grandkids came over... Beef Tenderloin and fresh peach cobbler... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    Went from a gnarly 1960 faux chimney to a hidden one.  They booted it, and took off just enough not to hinder draft.

Dug out crew lead's $200 Stilletto  $200 titanium hammer from the attic where it fell in.  Trimmed up, all that is left are the snow rails on order.  Midwest Roofing crushed it.
    Wow that looks good! That has to feel good getting that done. 
    Thanks bud.  It does, taking in water in Spring on your brand new backsplash, counter, and cooktop sucked.  The crew lead came out next day in the rain, and patched it with a tarp, silicone, and bunch of screw and mounting rails.....at NO CHARGE. 

With this house, it boiled down to 3 possible colors, black, green, or grey.  I'm only the second house with steel in my hood.  A buddy I went to high school with, two houses down, a police officer, went with blue on white vinyl. 

Going from black to green is a uuuge change.
    Bought 7 cans of black paint, the iron rail and flower box, military surplus tables for the eggs, Taco rims, will all get a couple of coats Monday and Tuesday.
    The door will get a couple of coats of Sherwin Williams exterior black satin.
    Wanted to wait and see how the bright red would look before painting.  It was perfect with a black roof, too much with the ivy roof.  Black should dial things down and look nice with the iron and shutters.  

I am glad I coughed up the extra coin for steel.  A roof is the most important component of a house.  Hoping this is the first and last one I have to buy in my lifetime, then it's my boy's problem.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bucky925
    Options
    Watching Live pd...it's like listening to a police scanner but with video .  

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Grandkids came over... Beef Tenderloin and fresh peach cobbler... 
    Looks like an awesome meal. Love me some peach cobbler!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Drinking Basil Hayden's playing Cards Against Humanity with SWMBO, SIL and he husband. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DoubleEgger
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Watching Facebook videos of the Poker Run at the lake yesterday. The Donzis and Fountains running well over 100mph are pretty awesome. Here's a screengrab 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sitting here thinking that @Eoin is a cooking machine. I am also wondering why he always posts his cooks in this thread and not create new ones.  They all look great!  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @SGH that snake was a non-venomous scarlet king snake.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Legume said:
    If Al Franken can win, Kid Rock wins in a landslide 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    I like pig butts, I cannot lie

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Sitting here thinking that @Eoin is a cooking machine. I am also wondering why he always posts his cooks in this thread and not create new ones.  They all look great!  
    @Sea2Ski I do most of the cooking at home, always have done. Now I Egg instead of cooking indoors whenever possible. Tonight's effort is simple roast chicken on the MMX.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    If Al Franken can win, Kid Rock wins in a landslide 
    Franken may be a comedian from SNL, but that guy is sharp.  He's a cum laude graduate from Harvard, majored in government.  

Kid Rock is... well... a different breed.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    I'm in Montreal all week for a conference.  Staying right downtown.  Lots of cool stuff going on here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    I'm in Montreal all week for a conference.  Staying right downtown.  Lots of cool stuff going on here.  
    Was there for Expo 67 and was blown away by Montreal. Stayed in a youth hostel for two nights and had the time of my teenage life. Enjoy your time there. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.