Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

L LeeRoy's dipping sauce

Options
About a year ago, my wife found a bottle of L LeeRoy's dipping sauce at a shop in Door County WI.   WOW!  Been using it on everything since.  If you haven't tried it, put it on your bucket list.  Did a tri tip yesterday, sliced thin on a hard roll with mozzarella cheese and L LeeRoy's.   By far the best roast beef sandwich I've ever had.  Had it last weekend on Brats.  I ordered directly from their web site prices were good.  Also purchased a bottle  of their seasoning which we did on chicken legs. Just want to pass along.  enjoy

Comments

• Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    Is it this? I searched for L. LeeRoy's and came up empty.

http://www.jleeroys.com/

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    Options
    yes,  you are correct, sorry .  It is J Leeroys dipping sauce.  My mistake.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Can you give us an idea of what it kinda tastes like?

Little Rock, AR

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I was buying one right up until it was $18 to ship it.
    NOLA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I was buying one right up until it was $18 to ship it.
    I saw that too, they do have free shipping on orders over $25

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    4.99 shipping on Amazon but I think the actual price of the sauce was increased.
    XL BGE
  • victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    Options
    Shipping is free on orders over $25.  I ordered 4 bottles of the dipping sauce and one jar of the seasoning.  Order was just over $25.  I would describe the taste like a light bbq sauce.  Its not too sweet, thick or heavy in taste.  More like a condiment.  I'm not sure what to compare the seasoning/rub to other then it is just a really good rub for just about anything.  I've used it on chicken legs and it was great.  Also  brushed some of the legs with the dipping sauce like I would regular bbq sauce.  Excellent flavor.  Maybe I seem over the top on this stuff, but it really is that good.  My wife is the one who found it and at the time I told her not to bother with it as I have a lot of  sauces that i hadn't tried yet.  Well, she "told me so" and I'm glad. 
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    victor1 said:
    Shipping is free on orders over $25.  I ordered 4 bottles of the dipping sauce and one jar of the seasoning.  Order was just over $25.  I would describe the taste like a light bbq sauce.  Its not too sweet, thick or heavy in taste.  More like a condiment.  I'm not sure what to compare the seasoning/rub to other then it is just a really good rub for just about anything.  I've used it on chicken legs and it was great.  Also  brushed some of the legs with the dipping sauce like I would regular bbq sauce.  Excellent flavor.  Maybe I seem over the top on this stuff, but it really is that good.  My wife is the one who found it and at the time I told her not to bother with it as I have a lot of  sauces that i hadn't tried yet.  Well, she "told me so" and I'm glad. 

Just placed your suggested order, can't wait.
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Decided to look into this sauce. Saw on their website that they were "Now Available" at Cost Plus, so I took a look around when I went in today, but had no success.

As I went to my local Grocery Store, imagine my surprise when I saw it next to the Meat department. Picked up Hickory and Hot and plan to give them a shot tonight.

California Fresh Market for anybody in the greater SLO area if you are interested.
    South SLO County