Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MARATHON BUTT RIDE/GRACIAS AMIGOS!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After panic-stricken hours 18-21, Mr. Piggo arrived as anticipated. Thanks to you guys for helping me through the latter stages of a long labor/ delivery of this first-time bundle of joy. Next time, even more lump, and even more strategic placement of large, medium, and small pieces of lump. BTW, apple, cherry, and hickory is great... and both of Elder Ward's sauces for finishing were superb. I'm such a hardcrust French bread snob, but the soft, cheap buns, are the ticket.
Glad nobody came over with the crappy roads to travel...plenty of leftovers..hah!! AGAIN, MANY THANKS....HOPE YOUR TEAM WON. MY NINERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING GOLF FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. Big Murth

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Forget the placement of lump and just dump the charcoal in the EGG. That placement idea and sorting is a stupid cruel joke. Glad that your final results were a success.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]""Next time, even more lump, and even more
    strategic placement of large, medium, and small pieces of lump.""[p]No need to sort lump. Big carbon is still just carbon, just avoid the dust at the bottom of a bag. Pour the lump into the firechamber, stir, pour in more and pack it down lightly - you're ready for 21+ hrs at 225-250 deg. [p]Enjoy the pork.[p]Tim

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    JJ,[p]We speak with one tongue.[p]Tim
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Tim M,
    You got it my brother. A plaigerest posting phoney instructions really upsets me as it give the newbies a rocky road to travel.