Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very Few Day's Off

Options
But I plan on cooking like a fool. BEC Sammich on the BS to start off. 

Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great! I love a nice BEC sammich. I would eat that any time of day. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Since you are cooking up a storm this weekend you may want to go ahead and cook the entire pack of bacon. You can use it to season the blackstone and bacon reheats really well (or is a great snack cold out of the fridge). 

Start with a clean drip tray and have some paper towels or rags on hand. Cook bacon and collect all the grease. Use rags/paper towels to get an even coating of bacon grease and let it burn for a while. Save the bacon grease, let the griddle cool and do another application later. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

Very nice.

Keep us posted on all of your cooks!

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Since you are cooking up a storm this weekend you may want to go ahead and cook the entire pack of bacon. You can use it to season the blackstone and bacon reheats really well (or is a great snack cold out of the fridge). 

Start with a clean drip tray and have some paper towels or rags on hand. Cook bacon and collect all the grease. Use rags/paper towels to get an even coating of bacon grease and let it burn for a while. Save the bacon grease, let the griddle cool and do another application later. 
    I've called myself seasoning it. About a half pound once. And olive oil about 3 times till it was smoking. Should I do more? I've cook 4-5 times on it. It's not sticking and cleans easy. 

Also, I need advice for lunch. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Central_Bama_Egger Posts: 886
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Quesadillias? Spelling on that may be wrong. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Maybe a lunch beer while you ponder it.
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Legume said:
    Maybe a lunch beer while you ponder it.
    Ok you twisted my arm. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Quesadillias? Spelling on that may be wrong. 

That is spelled exactly how my mother-in-law pronounces it - with her Boston accent...

So it must be correct.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Agreed. Burnt the sh*t out of some fried rice. But tasted great. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE