Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Is ChefSteps Premium worth the price?

Options
I would appreciate the input/opinion of those who purchased the subscription to the premium offering from ChefSteps. Do you feel it is valuable? Are the recipes and info as you expected?
TIA
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    The premium content is nice but I'm not sure it is sufficient enough to convince someone that is sitting on the fence about whether to sign up or not.

Keep in mind it is a one time fee and I think it is a bargain. I do have to confess that I did take advantage of the half price deal they had a year ago but that was just a matter of lucky timing. I was going to sign up anyway. I'm always glad to throw a few bucks to support the efforts of folks that are making quality content available for free or mostly free.

Same reason I bought The Food Lab cookbook even tho almost all of the book is available on the website for free.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    edited June 2017
    Options
    At $15 for a lifetime subscription it seemed like a no-brainer to me.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    It's cheap and good.  A great reference tool.  And, like others have stated, it's worthy to support IMO.  I want those type organizations to succeed.  Happy to give them my money.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I use it all the time. I thought $15 was super cheap. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    $15 IS def cheap. I wish I could get that deal. It is $39 on their website currently. That's not awful...just don't know much about them.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    $15 IS def cheap. I wish I could get that deal. It is $39 on their website currently. That's not awful...just don't know much about them.
    If you enjoy sous vide cooking, it's probably the best source of fun, useable information out there. If you do not, it's not worth the price. It's till cheap at $40 if you are interested in sous vide cooking. That's pretty much all they do outside of a few other tricks so if that's not your deal, just use their free stuff. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Were they running a $15 lifetime promotion?  Seems like a good deal.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Were they running a $15 lifetime promotion?  Seems like a good deal.
    I think the early adopters got a $15 deal or just over $20 if you were using the Canadian Loonie. Son was browsing using my account last week and told me the price was now almost $40US. I do use it at least every week. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    They put it on sale now and then. There was a $19 special in the first week of May, just for example.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I used to visit the site. I personally don't see any value in it for me. Douglas Baldwin was promoting it for a while. I'm not sure if he still is.
    For me, there is more than enough free resources on the web to keep me busy reading for a long time.
    If I were younger and a hipster, Chefsteps might hold more of an interest for me.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    They put it on sale now and then. There was a $19 special in the first week of May, just for example.

Thanks.....I will check em out from time to time for a promotion.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.