Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly burnt ends

Options

Did up some pork belly burnt ends last week, using the Malcolm Reed technique.  Absolutely spectacular.  Just cubed up about six pounds of pork belly (no skin, dry-brined overnight), covered every inch in my homemade rub (nothing fancy just turbinado and paprika with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and a little celery seed) and smoked over apple/hickory at 250 for a couple of hours, then into a covered foil pan with butter and honey for a couple of hours, then glazed for ten minutes with barbecue sauce (bone sucking) mixed with some crabapple jelly and apple juice.

I have long been a fan of pork butt burnt ends and this won't replace them completely, but this will be how I do it about half the time from now on.

I neglected to get a finished shot because bourbon.  But making a big batch for Canada's 150 year clebration this weekend so will remedy that oversight. Here they are about to head into the pan.
Toronto ON

Comments