Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guests in 3hrs. need help

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy super bowl day to all! Got some folks going to be here in 4 hrs. Just got back from sams and NO RIBS OF ANY KIND! The meat cutter behind the counter was understanding and said try this. Pork loin rib boneless strips. He said 2hs at 275 direct turning a few times. I have put on the rub and am at a loss for how long to cook these. They are about 2inches wide 1-1/2 thick 5inches long, after looking at these they look great but also look like it will cook fast, what to do need some advise. Thanks

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Uncle Dave, Direct will cook them very fast. I would indirect for 2-3 hours at 275. Turning and arranging every hours to 45 minutes. Hope others will chime in to help you out in time. About all my guests have called and cancelled due to an ice storm we are in the middle of.[p]CWM
  • Uncle Dave,
    I side with CWM, only I'd use a little lower temp.... at least at first! Say about 225 to 240 for the first hour or hour and a half. Pour the smoke to 'em during that time too. Then slather on a good mop and let the temp rise to about 275 to 280 and let them finish at that temp. Besure to turn 'em every half hour when you let the temp rise. You don't want them babies burning! They'll make some of the best grilled Q you've ever had! Not a bad substitution for ribs either![p]Let us know how they turn out![p]
    Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Car Wash Mike, you and DR. Chicken don't need any help..sounds good.
    C~W