Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    Navymom said:
    My Elfster package arrived today, don't know who to thank, there wasn't a note in the box. Can't wait to try these, we love chilies and the flavors of NM. The package was shipped from Albuquerque. Thank you @cazzy for putting this together and letting is lurkers play.
    This was from me. Sorry I forgot the note. I tried to send a message on the Elfster site. Enjoy and gigem!
    Thanks Plutonium, can't wait to try these. Chillywillis has already commented on the Serrano Apricot  so I know it's going to be good. Sounds like there's another Aggie lurking here.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,302
    Options
    This is my haul from CincyTiki. More on the next post.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Navymom said:
    My Elfster package arrived today, don't know who to thank, there wasn't a note in the box. Can't wait to try these, we love chilies and the flavors of NM. The package was shipped from Albuquerque. Thank you @cazzy for putting this together and letting is lurkers play.
    I recived the Alburkey rubs last year. The green chile is great on chicken. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,302
    Options
    The first starts with a Malaysian hot sauce, a Kentucky sauce, an Ohio sauce, a Hawaiian sauce, and another Ohio sauce. The second photo starts with a Thai Chile paste, an Ohio sauce, the rub matching the sauce on the first row, a different Ohio rub, a unique steak seasoning from an Ohio steak house. On the last picture we have a customized hand towel and key chain by his crafty wife, a Kentucky rub, a Hawaiian mustard. An unbelievably diverse sample from all of his favorite places and his wife's talented embroidery to boot. Thank you and it all will be put to good use.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2017
    Options

Dude, you should be out there waiting beside the mailbox to assist with the unload. You know that it may not be handled in the manor in which you feel it should be.....this is your one opportunity to impact the love and care of the package at its final resting spot. Put away the glasses and move from reactive to proactive. Its the right thing to do.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @northGAcock my company sells steel body armor for police among other things and the company we order it from ships it USPS to me. My post guy hates me. I'll be lucky if he throws it half way down the driveway.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @northGAcock my company sells steel body armor for police among other things and the company we order it from ships it USPS to me. My post guy hates me. I'll be lucky if he throws it half way down the driveway.
    Now that is funny. Hope it all arrives safely. Carry on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Now that is funny. Hope it all arrives safely. Carry on.
    That is. Really. Funny.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Options
    nlovold said:

Special thanks to @Smokin_Troutfor the awesome package of goodness from Michigan!  Your generosity is truly appreciated and the goods have already started being put to use.  I really liked the Billy Bones BBQ sauce and look forward to trying out all the rest.  Thank you very much- this exchange and the timing of it are the pinnacle of the grilling year for me and this was a home run.  

I especially liked the handmade cutting board from your shop which was truly awesome.  You should have heard me when I came across the cutting board in the box- like a kid on Christmas.  My better half was making fun of me at that point!

Thanks again @Smokin_Trout . What a great score!

P.S. There was one broken bottle of *i think* fish sauce, but everything was packed so well that there wasn't any collateral damage.  My only reason for mentioning this is so you don't think I left it out of the picture.  It was completely shattered.

Glad most of it made it in good shape. 
    The board was made by our 16yo son. I though we included a small plastic cup of beeswax and mineral oil mixture. Good to rub on the board a few times a year. 
    Hope you enjoy it. 
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    The first starts with a Malaysian hot sauce, a Kentucky sauce, an Ohio sauce, a Hawaiian sauce, and another Ohio sauce. The second photo starts with a Thai Chile paste, an Ohio sauce, the rub matching the sauce on the first row, a different Ohio rub, a unique steak seasoning from an Ohio steak house. On the last picture we have a customized hand towel and key chain by his crafty wife, a Kentucky rub, a Hawaiian mustard. An unbelievably diverse sample from all of his favorite places and his wife's talented embroidery to boot. Thank you and it all will be put to good use.
    @Gulfcoastguy

Glad you like the variety.  Will be interested to hear what you think of the Lingham's Hot Sauce and the others.  I passed on your compliments to my wife for the embroidery, she has fun with it.
    I will get a new Thai Chili Sauce off to you by ground this weekend, sorry it blew its lid along the way, hope the mess was not too bad, the flavor is fantastic with seafood.
    Hope you like the Jeff Ruby Steak Seasoning, if you make it to the Midwest, his restaurants are actually worth the ridiculous price for the bone in ribeye.

Cincytiki
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    "oh and i received it last weekend but have inlaws in town visiting from ky and just got settled enough to post this"

Translation:  I didn't want to break into the good stuff while the in-laws were around.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    tonyled said:

@calracefan knocked it out of the park!!!  i have been dying to try blues hog forever but never got around to ordering it!  cant wait to try all of them though.  i had just ran out of my stash from last years trade.  thanks again @calracefan  

oh and i received it last weekend but have inlaws in town visiting from ky and just got settled enough to post this

Just glad it arrived intact ! Think you will enjoy Blues Hog !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 if you mix that Blues Hog and Tennessee Red together you're in for a treat as well. Mixing those two is my favorite BBQ sauce for most pork and chicken. 
    So funny that you say that! That's exactly what I recommended in the letter that I sent with it. 
    Blues Hog is great! 
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    Had a nice surprise waiting for me in the mailbox today.  Thanks so much @EggMcMic for the awesome care package from Illinois! I haven't had the pleasure of trying any of these products, but am certainly looking forward to it. I was opening the package just as my wife came home from work, and she yelled it's like BBQ Christmas! Thanks again, this was so much fun. 
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Shout out to @saluki2007 for the great assortment of rubs and sauces. Can't wait to get in to that Central BBQ sauce and rubs! Thanks Bryan!
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    "oh and i received it last weekend but have inlaws in town visiting from ky and just got settled enough to post this"

Translation:  I didn't want to break into the good stuff while the in-laws were around.

did el mercado and the alamo sunday luckily they are headed to the coast for the reast of the week

you wouldnt be wrong though
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    @HoustonEgger glad it all made it in good condition. Marie sharps is an all time favorite plus the Martin's que is good stuff.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    Shout out to @saluki2007 for the great assortment of rubs and sauces. Can't wait to get in to that Central BBQ sauce and rubs! Thanks Bryan!
    Glad everything made it safely. Let me know what you think of the wing sauce as I have not tried it yet. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Quite the care package @Ima_good_egg sent to @Richard Fl

Great job!!!   

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Just busted open my package from @TN_Sister_State

Great selection of local flavors and favorites. I have not have any of the rubs or sauces except for the Marie Sharps (which I love) so super excited to try these new flavors out. And love the packaging in the tins as well - wife may even let me keep these out on the counter!

The Marie Sharp's is my new addiction. I just recently had it and it is now the only hot sauce I use. I haven't had that particular one but the other red one and the green are amazing. Great looking box.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    @BJM2932  Glad everything made it OK and it is all new to you. Enjoy and feel free to let me know how you like things as you try them!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    This thread has grown quiet. Lets see more exchange pics.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Got my shipping notification from Texas to Tennessee yesterday to be delivered Thursday.

I wonder who my Elfster could be??? hahaha.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN