Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frank's Red Hot shredded chicken and Alabama White Sauce

Options
cooked the chicken in my Dutch oven with Frank's red hot buffalo for about 4.5 hrs @ 275° then made the Alabama White Sauce,  turned out great,  thanks for looking.

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    That looks excellent. Franks and AWS is a killer combo. There's a local joint that sells that sandwich with a fried green tomato on it. Man oh man...
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    That looks great!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    That sounds phenomenal!  So... just some boneless, skinless breasts and a bottle of Frank's?  Cook and shred and cook and shred then serve?

Care to share the recipe?
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    What's Alabama white sauce? 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Gawhhhhhh, That and a cold beer.  Dang, that's what heaven is like....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hotwingking
    Hotwingking Posts: 279
    Options
    @vb4677 you nailed it just chicken breast and a big bottle of Frank's, cook and shred. I actually adapted the recipe from a crock pot recipe and used my Dutch oven on the Green Egg. 
    @g8golfer if you Google Alabama White Sauce you will get all kinds of info and recipes
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    @vb4677 you nailed it just chicken breast and a big bottle of Frank's, cook and shred. I actually adapted the recipe from a crock pot recipe and used my Dutch oven on the Green Egg. 
    @g8golfer if you Google Alabama White Sauce you will get all kinds of info and recipes
    Cool- do you cover the DO or leave it open to get some smoke?  I would want to get smoke into the meat, but I'm afraid it would dry out the chicken...
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Viper4194
    Viper4194 Posts: 23
    Options
    vb4677 said:
    Cool- do you cover the DO or leave it open to get some smoke?  I would want to get smoke into the meat, but I'm afraid it would dry out the chicken...
    Curious for this answer as well.
    Medium BGE  Owner since May 2017
    Trying to bring good BBQ to Queens, NY
  • Hotwingking
    Options
    I left the lid off the whole time, chicken was not dry at all
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    If you don't leave the lid off you might as well cook it inside.  
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    This will be my next cook.  Thanks for the inspiration!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Options
    Always been a ranch + franks fan. Never tried Alabama white sauce with it. Gonna have to add it to the list.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I believe I could knock a few of those back. Very nice job.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Options
    Sorry for the noob question but did you just chicken breasts with Frank's and cook them in the DO by themselves until they were shreddable?
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Warning to the noobs. Do not try this at home unsupervised. This is serious southern sh#t.  Once you go white, nothing else is right.  You eat this and y'all a being saying "y'all". 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Hotwingking
    Options
    @CincyEgg yes I used just boneless skinless chicken breast and Frank's Buffalo style sauce.
    I'm still eating leftovers it really good.