Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon burger dog

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Anyone ever make these? From an old Bill Cosby episode. My brother made some today - no pics - not on Egg - but it apparently did happen. Partially slice through a hot dog and insert some cheese. Wrap the dog in a flattened hamburger patty, then wrap the whole thing in bacon. Indirect til cooked through, then direct to brown. On the menu soon. Solves the problem of 'Do I want a hot dog or a burger'.

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Tjcoley said:
    Anyone ever make these? From an old Bill Cosby episode. My brother made some today - no pics - not on Egg - but it apparently did happen. Partially slice through a hot dog and insert some cheese. Wrap the dog in a flattened hamburger patty, then wrap the whole thing in bacon. Indirect til cooked through, then direct to brown. On the menu soon. Solves the problem of 'Do I want a hot dog or a burger'.
    One of each please.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    never heard of it but sounds tasty 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    It's been years and years and no pictures. I've tried to remember what they were called on another forum....something like heart attack burger dogs or triple by-pass something or others. Pretty sure I couldn't get this cook past SWMBOed.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    I watch these guys videos, and rarely do anything they try. Showed it to my brother and his 13 year old, who is eating him out of house and home destroyed three of them.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Sounds great to me!  I would give it a try.  Puddin pops for dessert. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Haven't made one of those in almost 20 years (my son and i used to eat them). I'd slice the hotdog in half and put it on top of the hamburger patty topped with bacon and cheese.

Here's a clip from the Cosby Show:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Damn it sounds good. Maybe when SWMBO is out of town...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894

Saw this on Facebook, thought I'd give it a whirl.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• CincyEgg
    CincyEgg Posts: 119
    Any time you can pack extra fat and calories into something that's already tasty, it's gonna be good, haha.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    I have ground all beef dogs, bacon, and chuck for All American burgers at the campground over the Fourth last year.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Looks like the cardiologists are gonna be busy.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    I cooked these last year. They had no cheese, but I have done some with cheese since. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"