Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke on a Saturday morning...

Options
Nothing like waking to an overnight cook to find an almost finished product. Sitting at 180 after about 11 hrs. on this 8 lb-er....

Shall be a good day. 

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Good morning!   Looks like lunch is going to be a winner.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    What a great post to wake up to read first thing in the morning. Thanks!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    awesome. I put two 9lb butts on yesterday morning at 225* pulled one about 11:00PM last night at 203*. The other one was at 195* at 2:30AM this morning so I took it off, pulled it then went to bed. Up at 6:00Am to clean up and reset the grill. Baby backs went on at 8:10AM. 

Can't wait for my guests at noon and then into the pool.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Looks really good, nice bark. Enjoy

Opelika, Alabama
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    awesome. I put two 9lb butts on yesterday morning at 225* pulled one about 11:00PM last night at 203*. The other one was at 195* at 2:30AM this morning so I took it off, pulled it then went to bed. Up at 6:00Am to clean up and reset the grill. Baby backs went on at 8:10AM. 

Can't wait for my guests at noon and then into the pool.
    Fun! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Principalchef
    Options
    That looks fantastic! The overnighter is so awesome.  I still worry a little too much about the temp dropping or rising to do it, but I know I just need to get over that.  Thanks for sharing.
    Love cooking on my XL BGE for 2, 12, or 100!
    www.principalchef.com

• pwshine
    pwshine Posts: 48
    Options
    That looks fantastic! The overnighter is so awesome.  I still worry a little too much about the temp dropping or rising to do it, but I know I just need to get over that.  Thanks for sharing.
    It actually happened to me last night. Temp dropped to 215-ish. I happened to wake up around 3 am so I fig I'd check on it. Opened the vent and daisy a tad. Woke up and it had raised just above 300, so I figured it made up for lost temp. 

Pulled approaching 195, now the waiting begins