Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LSU Tigers and Pork Belly....what a combination

Options
Finally got a chance to smoke a little pork belly.  I mainly used Malcolm Reed's recipe and added a little bourbon as per Florida Grillin Girl. Man, oh man, oh man, oh man.............Ca C'est Bon Oui!!!!!

Another keeper.  :)  Thanks to Florida Grillin Girl and Malcolm Reed.

Geaux Tigers! 
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Be honest here, is that an anus nugget?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I only kid above brother, great looking grub.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Divine pork belly. Looks over the top.
    Geaux Tigers.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I need to do this again. That looks amazing.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Great cook!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    SGH said:

Be honest here, is that an anus nugget?

Kinda looks like it......killin myself laughing here.  :)
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    Thanks guys. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That looks awesome- if it was served in Chapel Hill it would have come with a degree. 

First class

Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great result.  Malcom Reed's recipe is a great bench-mark, for sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised at how the flavors came together.

Now we can snack on these while watching the Tigers today.

Geaux TIgers!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Let Geaux Tigers and TCU!!!!  Great looking grub.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • RajunCajun
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I also substituted Tabasco spicy pepper jelly (the red one) for apple jelly.