Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I received my awesome package from @Budgeezer today. Ive never seen any of this stuff but it looks fantastic. Thank you SO much!  Included was a nice detailed letter. Can't express my gratitude enough. He even looked at some of my old posts and saw a canadian bacon thread so he sent me some prague powder. Just a wonderful gesture. Thanks so much and thanks @cazzy for doing this each year. So much fun. My package is bought, just have to send it out. Probably will have to be monday. Its been a rough week. 

Very nice....except for wee willies.....would mention that is what your are using to your guest.....JKOC. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2017
    My package from Steve @stv8r came a few minutes ago. Thanks Steve! I have never tried anything in that package before. I have used a Dizzy Pig rub before but the one you sent is new to me though I have been wanting to try it. I'm having a pool party tomorrow with pork butts and baby backs so I'll try out some of those sauces tomorrow. 

I am also digging the BGE accessories. I've got a feeling the bottle opener will get used tomorrow too.

Thanks @cazzy and @EggdictedGA for making this possible. people I have spoken with when collecting stuff for my package can't believe we would do something like this.

Edit: the bottle of rub that is turned around backwards is McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. Idiot me didn't pay close enough attention when taking the picture.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    I have a bottle of that hogging it all marinade  on my desk right now. People raved about the pork loin that I marinated in it then coated with DP's Shaking the Tree rub, cooked until it was just 150 interior temp.
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    @Biggreenpharmacist so glad that everything arrived in tact.  I had a ton of fun shopping @ the different shops trying to make it Minnesota themed.  My wife swears that if you mix the Rum Chata and the Fireball it makes tasty cocktail, I have never had the chance to try one, so use your best judgement.  I hope you enjoy a little taste of Minnesota!  Thanks to @cazzy again for a great exchange.
    Edina, MN

• Budgeezer said:
    @Biggreenpharmacist so glad that everything arrived in tact.  I had a ton of fun shopping @ the different shops trying to make it Minnesota themed.  My wife swears that if you mix the Rum Chata and the Fireball it makes tasty cocktail, I have never had the chance to try one, so use your best judgement.  I hope you enjoy a little taste of Minnesota!  Thanks to @cazzy again for a great exchange.
    Man I appreciate ALL of it. I will be posting some cooks with it. My wife was pretty excited, too, especially when she saw the caramel corn. 

Little Rock, AR

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Now I have seen it all. Microwave Pork Rinds that pop like corn. Where do I find those?  

Great Box!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Just a total home run from @northGAcock I was beyond thrilled to pull the first yellow bottle out of the box last night. SC style BBQ is not something I see a lot of in Texas and I love mustard sauce. Everything he sent was local/regional. He also mixed it up with some non BBQ items. A nice touch. I'm most excited to try the cocktail sauce. We're Trying to eat more seafood and less brisket these days. That sauce will be perfect with gulf shrimp or oysters. 

With that said,I cracked open Maurice's original and willies hog dust on two pork tenderloins tonight. Wife and kids dominated it. Will do a butt soon to sample the shealys vinegar (from sc's bbq brother to the north). Likely will pair that with onion rings, a family favorite. 

thanks to @cazzy for putting this together. It's such a cool annual deal.  So glad I got into it last year and did it again. Thanks to Robin, whom I've never met and went above and beyond to get me things that he liked, were local, interesting (pork rind pellets) and generally awesome. My wife thinks having internet friends is a lot less weird when they send BBQ. 

Guess who already had titos on hand?

You will enjoy this! @northGAcock turned me on to the SC mustard sauce. We love it!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Just a total home run from @northGAcock I was beyond thrilled to pull the first yellow bottle out of the box last night. SC style BBQ is not something I see a lot of in Texas and I love mustard sauce. Everything he sent was local/regional. He also mixed it up with some non BBQ items. A nice touch. I'm most excited to try the cocktail sauce. We're Trying to eat more seafood and less brisket these days. That sauce will be perfect with gulf shrimp or oysters. 

With that said,I cracked open Maurice's original and willies hog dust on two pork tenderloins tonight. Wife and kids dominated it. Will do a butt soon to sample the shealys vinegar (from sc's bbq brother to the north). Likely will pair that with onion rings, a family favorite. 

thanks to @cazzy for putting this together. It's such a cool annual deal.  So glad I got into it last year and did it again. Thanks to Robin, whom I've never met and went above and beyond to get me things that he liked, were local, interesting (pork rind pellets) and generally awesome. My wife thinks having internet friends is a lot less weird when they send BBQ. 

@Space_City_Egger I have two co-workers from SC that swear by that shealys sauce. One basically called it the most famous sauce in SC.....

"Yeah man. Shealy's is in my dads hometown.been going there since I could remember.  Maurice's is in Columbia. What you have there are the two most famous Carolina mustard based sauces.  The vinegar is completely different but good in its own right"
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    That Willies pig dust is great!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    @SaintJohnsEgger You're very welcome!  I know the JO#1 isn't "technically " a rub but it's good on all kinds of things you grill or steam.  Try it on your seafood like shrimp, scallops and fish  One of my favorites. McCormick is a Maryland company lol so I threw in the Montreal steak seasoning.  If you haven't tried it I think you'll like it!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    My package was delivered today so hopefully we'll see a post today/tomorrow. The action should be picking up 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    That Willies pig dust is great!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Budgeezer said:
    That's called a Cinnamon Toast Crunch it's sweet.  Hard to drink more than one. 
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Whoa.  Doorbells rings.  And @BulletGrillHouse destroys my front porch!!  Formerly CM23, you represented the great state of Texas!!  I'm super excited to try these.  I've never had anything here.  Yes!!  Thank you!!

**I would have posted this sooner.  But I had to ice my back first.**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Mine arrived today from @Greedygoat Greg outdid himself for sure!  Lots of new things to try!!  Thank you so much Greg!
  • @fiver29

Get a cold pack, find a recliner, and bust those Buccee Beaver Nuggets open. 

Those things should be a cereal. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Just opened my box! @JMCXL. Getting it done from New Jersey!  Love trying new sauces, really looking forward to trying the local made ketchup as well as the BBQ Sauce, Apple hot sauce, wing sauce and salsa.
    I will put the Cape May sea salt to good use in some beef ribs coming up.  Like the honey too.
    Thanks again JMCXL!

Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    @lkapigian and Linda made this newbie very happy 
    You are welcome @MSUladyegghead...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TN_Sister_State
    @lkapigian and Linda made this newbie very happy .Not only do they taste awesome, they guarantee a lot of laughs!!!
    I want to eat some frog balls based on the name alone.
    Franklin, Tn

• TN_Sister_State
    Image result for bump meme
    Franklin, Tn

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    This looks really fun. I want to get in on the next one.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    @Gulfcoastguy really went all out with my box!  I actually received it on Thursday night - but had to head out to travel with little time to say thanks.  Brad hooked me up with awesome Mississippi and gulf coast goodies.  I've been wanting to try The Shed stuff for a long time.  Got some killer cajun sauces and rubs, even sent me some recipes to try with them.  Can't wait to get home and get cooking!  Thanks, Brad!  And thanks to @cazzy for doing this again - way fun!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Gulfcoastguy
    So it was the mild sister that blew her top? I have a spare handy. Let us know how they turn out.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    So it was the mild sister that blew her top? I have a spare handy. Let us know how they turn out.
    Oh, yep!  You noticed the empty!  Poor girl, no broken glass, just a popped top.  Sure smelled good as I cleaned up the other bottles.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

It was my pleasure @Space_City_Egger and hope you and family will enjoy it all. Curious to no about the pork pellets myself. Never tried these, but when I saw them, I had to grab it. We eat our porkskins around here hot with a nice dip into the mustard sauce. Hope they don't disappoint. I  enjoyed collecting these items for you.....and wish you guys a happy 4th of July!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2017
    @Gulfcoastguy really went all out with my box!  I actually received it on Thursday night - but had to head out to travel with little time to say thanks.  Brad hooked me up with awesome Mississippi and gulf coast goodies.  I've been wanting to try The Shed stuff for a long time.  Got some killer cajun sauces and rubs, even sent me some recipes to try with them.  Can't wait to get home and get cooking!  Thanks, Brad!  And thanks to @cazzy for doing this again - way fun!
    Man someone must have really liked the 2 sisters while you were out of town!

Edit just saw she blew her lid. 
    Snellville, GA

• Gulfcoastguy
    Yes I think that it must have made one leg of the trip air freight in a non pressurized hold. I have a plan to handle that for the replacement sister. Those red headed Cajun gals can really get wild.