Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for Canadian Bacon on the Egg

I was thumbing through this months issue of the AARP mag that came in the mail today.

An article and picture caught my eye right away. The guy was standing next to a BGE.  It was all about making homemade Canadian Bacon.  It contains the recipe for the soaking brine and instructions for both the BGE and kettle grills.

I think I will be picking up the necessary stuff in the next day or so and firing up the egg.  I mean, who doesn't like CB once in a while?

Just passing the info along,

Sonny
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    I like Canadian Bacon (Back Bacon) but can think of another few ways to prepare Pork Loin that might be a bit tastier. Next time I get a whole loin at Costco I may cure up a hunk and see how it goes.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    I have used the recipe from this video and it is VERY good.
    Be sure to use the freshest spices you can find.  Enjoy

http://video.mpt.tv/video/2365547722/

Starts around the 8:35 mark.

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Be careful what you call Canadian Bacon as some of our Canukian friends might take offense. You have to roll the loin in pea meal and you can't smoke it for it to be Canadian bacon according to a post on Rhulman's web site, otherwise it is back bacon. Still mighty tasty whatever it is called. I do the whole loin this way then slice and vac-pack and make my own "eggamuffins" . No trademark violations this way
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I make BB regularly. 
    Just put 15 lbs into brine last Monday. 
    I like to tinker and add flavours. I did some coffee infused BB. This recent batch I added some oranges. 
    Experiment and have fun with it.