Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High Que clearance on Amazon

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Thanks!!! I ordered one.  I was surprised to read on the Hi Que site that the large and Mini Max use the same size and the small is a different size Hi Que great than the Mini Max
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    These are great!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Good price. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Great price for the LBGE, great product. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I bought two last week. One for the large, and one for the small. Turns the small into a mini max. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What size do I need for the XXL?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Not looking to disparage the product, nor to disagree with those that have had good experiences, but I've had no luck with the High Que. I've only used it on my MM (and not my Large) thus far, but heat up times have been slower and it's been hard to attain high temps. It's been 10 or so cooks with the High Que, but I haven't given up quite yet. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just use the cooking grate from a medium egg. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cookingdude555
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just use the cooking grate from a medium egg. 
    I would have to measure, but I believe the 15" cooking grid on my medium is smaller than the charcoal grate on my XL.  I'm guessing 17-18".  Possibly the cooking grid from a large?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sweet price.  I paid $32.88 in 2012.
    Thanks for the tip.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have 4 Eggs and 4 High Que's. Also sold a Small and a Mini that each had one installed. Would not have an Egg w/o one. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    There is a better option out there!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• cookingdude555
    Options
    There is a better option out there!
    @Jupiter Jim - Kick Ash Basket?
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Yes Kick Ash Basket.............................................. :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Thanks Jim, that is what I put in first, and have loved them in my eggs.  Since some lump does fall through, I took advantage of these on sale and put them both in at opposite angles.  Overkill, but not much overkill at 20 bucks.  Works well.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2017
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like I'm confused or something, I posted that link because I know so many folks here really like the High Que. 
    Personally I never bought one because I never liked the spacing of the rods on the High Que. 
    Two years ago I bought a KAB and never really liked it as much as most folks here either. My reasons are purely personal because it does function as advertised. It just was not as convenient to use as it first appeared it would be.  For reference here is a picture of my two year old KAB. I'm not really happy about how it's held up either.

Any way, I saw the High Que on Amazon because it popped up on my Amazon page because I ordered one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LDL8KAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went this route because the spacing of the rods looked a lot tighter. After receiving it yesterday I have to say I'm impressed. It looks to be a heavier gauge SS and was cheaper then the High Que when I was shopping. 

I'm sure at some point after using it I'll post my opinions on this grate, maybe some Friday evening.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    My 3 year old doesn't look like that at all.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options

Why don't you send that picture to Chad at KAB and see what he has to say about it?

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Mines not that warped. I think I'm 3 years in the one in the medium. You may have a dud there. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like I'm confused or something, I posted that link because I know so many folks here really like the High Que. 
    Personally I never bought one because I never liked the spacing of the rods on the High Que. 
    Two years ago I bought a KAB and never really liked it as much as most folks here either. My reasons are purely personal because it does function as advertised. It just was not as convenient to use as it first appeared it would be.  For reference here is a picture of my two year old KAB. I'm not really happy about how it's held up either.

Any way, I saw the High Que on Amazon because it popped up on my Amazon page because I ordered one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LDL8KAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went this route because the spacing of the rods looked a lot tighter. After receiving it yesterday I have to say I'm impressed. It looks to be a heavier gauge SS and was cheaper then the High Que when I was shopping. 

I'm sure at some point after using it I'll post my opinions on this grate, maybe some Friday evening.
    WOW

All of my Weber charcoal grids have done this, main reason why all of my eggs have a High Que and 304.

I would not even consider a KAB unless it's 304.  It gets pretty hot down there...all of them will eventually fall apart.

The Fishbones look solid too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

Why don't you send that picture to Chad at KAB and see what he has to say about it?

Most of my cooks are high temp cooks, I do a lot of searing on cast iron with dome temps up around 600 plus my share of pizza cooks. I blame my cooking style more then the KAB it's self. No need to try and put the blame anywhere else.

• Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    edited June 2017
    Options
    " No need to try and put the blame anywhere else."
    Well that's pretty un-American.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Jupiter Jim
    Options

Most of my cooks are high temp cooks, I do a lot of searing on cast iron with dome temps up around 600 plus my share of pizza cooks. I blame my cooking style more then the KAB it's self. No need to try and put the blame anywhere else.

I understand but I would still reach out to Chad. Jim

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer