Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    All packed up and heading south!  Feels like X-mas.  
    Edina, MN

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I have a few more things to grab wednesday and then I should be done. 

Don't forget some Cavenders.  It took 10 years to reach Florida back in the '90's. My friend Lambchop from Pine Bluff used to have her mother ship a care package until about 1990 Happy shopping

Would you believe I didnt realize until last week that cavenders was made in arkansas?

Little Rock, AR

• Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Done shopping. $120 later.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    Purchased, packed and waiting to go out Priority Mail tomorrow morning.

This little adventure turned out to be more expensive than my wife anticipated. But it has been a lot of fun and I got to try out 2 new BBQ places and  two meat markets that I hadn't shopped at before. So who cares.

She is walking around the house muttering about spending money when I'm unemployed. But I'm used to that.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    I won't be shipping until near the deadline. Was away last week and still have get some shopping done. No problems. Just a heads up @cazzy   Just letting you know in case "someone" asks. 
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    I am hoping to ship by the end of the week.  A last minute business trip has me out of town for the next two days.
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    All packed and ready to ship. It will be going out tomorrow! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Bought, Boxed, need some padding , hopefully ship tomorrow !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    All shipped 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

This little adventure turned out to be more expensive than my wife anticipated. But it has been a lot of fun and I got to try out 2 new BBQ places and  two meat markets that I hadn't shopped at before. So who cares.

She is walking around the house muttering about spending money when I'm unemployed. But I'm used to that.

Have you seen the show-off thread?  This forum goes hard on this exchange.  I should raise the minimum, but most already ignore it so I haven't bothered.

I'd probably guess that the average spent after shipping is around $75.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I deliberately did not add up all of the receipts but I had fun shopping and learned a lot of new products. Everybody needs a hobby and this is cheaper than a boat. Now waiting to see what they think of my selections.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Legume said:
    The expense isn't what you send, it's the duplicates you buy for yourself of the new things you find.
    Yep, one of my better selections was at half price and you can bet that I bought more than one. Then there is the regrettable culling when there's no more room in the box. Upside is that you are absolutely sure that you have some new stuff that you are going to like. 
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    cazzy said:

Have you seen the show-off thread?  This forum goes hard on this exchange.  I should raise the minimum, but most already ignore it so I haven't bothered.

I saw that thread @cazzy and I used it to see what my recipient got and gave last year. I didn't want to duplicate stuff he could readily get or has.

I spent about $85 before shipping. I'm not complaining as it was fun. I was going to skip this exchange because of finances but it was my wife who suggested I do it. So it is what it is...fun and delicious

MiniMax 04/17

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    For anyone shipping to the GWN, the shipping alone will likely double the total cost.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Shopping this week and planning on getting it sent out Mon or Tues next week.  Right in time for the 4th.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    It's in FedEx's hands. Weighed in at 15 lbs. Should be in Texas come Saturday. Sent tracking info through elfster. I'm looking forward to seeing their post

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Went out Priority Mail this morning. 13.2 pounds. Should be there by Saturday.

Priority mail flat rate boxes are probably the best way to ship.
    MiniMax 04/17

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    cazzy said:

I saw that thread @cazzy and I used it to see what my recipient got and gave last year. I didn't want to duplicate stuff he could readily get or has.

I spent about $85 before shipping. I'm not complaining as it was fun. I was going to skip this exchange because of finances but it was my wife who suggested I do it. So it is what it is...fun and delicious

Heck my shipping was $90.00
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Wow!  Mine was $25 and I thought that was a lot.  Is yours coming in by drone?  :)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Went out Priority Mail this morning. 13.2 pounds. Should be there by Saturday.

Priority mail flat rate boxes are probably the best way to ship.
    That is what I did also. No worries about weight , just volume. Fingers crossed that the Samsonite Gorilla isn't working for USPS though, mostly glass bottles in the box.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    lkapigian said:
    Wow!  Mine was $25 and I thought that was a lot.  Is yours coming in by drone?  :)
    $23 bucks here. Indiana to Texas, FedEx 3 Day

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @lkapigian - did yours go to the GWN by chance?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - did yours go to the GWN by chance?

No, it went to MS, just heavy and special packaging...i'll be bummed if they don't like it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I wonder who is getting this 
  • lkapigian
    Options

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Great in boiled peanuts!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    KiterTodd said:
    lkapigian said:
    $23 bucks here. Indiana to Texas, FedEx 3 Day
    $18.85 for Priority Mail arriving Saturday. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Great in boiled peanuts!
    This should be the 2nd place trophy for your next wing cookoff.