Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ot: new toy Jeep

Options

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Zippylip said:
    Zippylip said:
    A Chevy owner would have plowed through there in five minutes 
    I didn't think it relevant to mention (till now) it was an off-road 101 class, we were in a line of about 12 vehicles, mostly Jeeps & a couple Tacomas, thus the slowness; the instructor was up front in an LJ & we were all in line listening to him by walkie talkie.  Was only my second time off-road & figured it'd be a good idea to learn some stuff the easy way before going much further...

But I have to ask, is your snarky ass comment meant to suggest that a Jeep is incapable of "plowing through there in five minutes", or that Chevy owners are more predisposed to spending 3 hours cleaning mud & crud from every crevice of their ride afterwards?  If I were a bettin man I'd say you're just a fvcking douchebag
    Please come to Atlanta and run your mouth like that. Delta's ready when you are. I'll show you what Zippylip means.
    let me guess, you'll "drop me where I stand", another internet tough guy; thanks for the confirmation. 

"Delta's ready when you are" hahaha, f'in tool
    Come find out big boy 
    let me get this straight, your brilliant suggestion is that I buy a plane ticket, fly down to Atlanta, meet you in what, a parking lot or field somewhere so you can, what, shoot me from a bush that, surprise, is really you in cammo?  Or, perhaps you'll fall out of a tree on top of me Rambo style & stab me in the neck?  Maybe a good old-fashioned fist fight? 

Jesus man here's (apparently) a news flash, the American penitentiary system is busting at the seems with fools like you. 

Grow up you fool.
    Nothing needed to stomp a mud hole in you. I've got frequent flier miles...

You're a big talker until somebody calls your punk ass out. 
    "Stomp a mud hole into me" hahaha that's priceless, guessing since you're not in a cage with the other animals you're nothing but pure talk
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Not to change the subject from plane flights and ass kicking....But what is the best bumper sticker you have ever seen?
    On a Jeep I saw..."If I wanted a Hummer I would call your Sister"...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Not to change the subject from plane flights and ass kicking....But what is the best bumper sticker you have ever seen?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Zippylip
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Wasn’t on a Jeep but an old guy had this one on his pickup truck: “I can go slower”, must aggravate the hell out of the I like driving up everyone’s ass crowd when they’re all up in his colon reading it

happy in the hut
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    We put a sticker on my male friends car that read, "Cowboys butts drive me nuts!". He was less than enthused when he found it.

My dad's friend put a, "honk if you're not gay" sticker on his wife's car without her knowing. She couldn't figure out why everyone was honking at her.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    funniest thing to put on a jeep,spinners or floaters =) seen a guy ordering them for a hummer with deep tread offroad low profile tires

https://youtu.be/9KsSbLYWnqU
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @fishlessman I flagged this as abuse...it is intended for the guy in the video not you personally :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    This is what I used to have about 7 years ago.  I miss this beast.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    This is my favorite  =)=)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Lol.. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Someone needs a snickers

Greensboro, NC
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Man, this got REAL interesting after I quit paying attention. Anyway, ended up with a 2007 JK with black rims and 33" tires. Soft top with only 40k original miles. Looked practically new top and bottom. I love it and, just as I suspected, I really needed it.

Bought it July 3rd and have put it through its paces all over the mountains, fields, streams  of NC. They have a great forum too. Thanks for the nudge @Zippylip
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Father's Day weekend in Appalachia, what could be better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr-tMrNy21Q&t=12s

That's the most anticlimactic video I've ever seen
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Ive had three jeeps, a CJ7, Sahara and first generation rubicon.  All inline six cyl, all soft tops, all stick shift.   Wish i kept all three.   The rubicon would go just about anywhere, snow, mud, rocks and sand never stopped it.  

I also had a scout and that thing was pretty cool...wish i still had that too!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    @Zippylip , check the front ball joints for play.  Maybe where the midget is hiding.

Don't let the guys get you up in arms.  Full size chevy drivers are the types that keep getting public lands closed to off-roaders.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have owned a few Jeeps in my life. Loved every one of them. Spent tons of money on each, keeping them mobile. Likely to do it again, if I survive our son's college carrer.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Zippylip
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I have owned a few Jeeps in my life. Loved every one of them. Spent tons of money on each, keeping them mobile. Likely to do it again, if I survive our son's college carrer.
    yup, aint cheap that's for sure.  I'm done with the college subsidies so it's not too bad.  Wrapped up the off-road classes a few weeks ago & the last few modifications I thought were appropriate so now it's all about keeping it operational & upgrading whatever breaks. 
    happy in the hut
  • Focker
    Options
    A little post homework fun with the boy, driving the side-by-side.  He's ready to smoke a Jeep caravan.   =)
    https://youtu.be/R758TecFYpc
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Chick Magnet? 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tarheelmatt
    Options

Chick Magnet? 
    You planning on trading the Camry in if so?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ladeback69
    Options

Chick Magnet? 
    Uh, no.  The wife didn't like it, that's one reason I sold it,the other I was tired of it and replacing axle shafts.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Zippylip
    Options

Chick Magnet? 
    Uh, no.  The wife didn't like it, that's one reason I sold it,the other I was tired of it and replacing axle shafts.

D35 shafts by any chance, they seem to snap most often?  That was a nice XJ you had, seems like most of the guys I wheel with drive those.

Just dropped mine off at the shop, slip yoke eliminator developed at leak at the shaft, was shooting ATF all over the place - not sure what happened there but I noticed it after a long day bouncing around on rocks, musta jarred it loose.  Put in 4 skids this summer & giving them all a workout.  Build, drive, break, repair, repeat.  I heard that before I got into this, now I see it 
    happy in the hut
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Just dropped mine off at the shop, slip yoke eliminator developed at leak at the shaft, was shooting ATF all over the place - not sure what happened there but I noticed it after a long day bouncing around on rocks, musta jarred it loose.  Put in 4 skids this summer & giving them all a workout.  Build, drive, break, repair, repeat.  I heard that before I got into this, now I see it  
    Off and on over the years, I have thought I wanted a Jeep. Actually, that's not quite accurate - I have always wanted a Jeep, from when I was a kid and saw the ads in Boy's Life where you could supposedly buy Army surplus Jeeps in a crate full of Cosmolene coated parts and build your own. 50 bucks or some such. "Some assembly required". =)

Never bought one, crated or otherwise, in large part because every time I thought about it, I would hear yet another story like yours. "Just dropped mine off at the shop..." or "break, repair, repeat." 

My son was recently looking for a new car and mentioned Jeep as one of his possibilities. I advised against it just because of all the stories. He bought something else. 

But I still want a Jeep. :confused::rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Zippylip
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Never bought one, crated or otherwise, in large part because every time I thought about it, I would hear yet another story like yours. "Just dropped mine off at the shop..." or "break, repair, repeat." 

well, yea, that's all logical & whatnot but life is short & the runway is getting shorter every day - can't take it witcha

Ask yourself this, do you want to recapture that feeling you haven't had since you were maybe 7 rolling a toy truck around in a mud pit with smile from ear to ear & a little pee hard-on to match?  Buy a Jeep
    happy in the hut
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    Off and on over the years, I have thought I wanted a Jeep. Actually, that's not quite accurate - I have always wanted a Jeep, from when I was a kid and saw the ads in Boy's Life where you could supposedly buy Army surplus Jeeps in a crate full of Cosmolene coated parts and build your own. 50 bucks or some such. "Some assembly required". =)

My son was recently looking for a new car and mentioned Jeep as one of his possibilities. I advised against it just because of all the stories. He bought something else. 

I remember being told, JEEP stood for Just-Empty-Every- Pocket, but it was a lot of fun.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Zippylip said:

Chick Magnet? 

D35 shafts by any chance, they seem to snap most often?  That was a nice XJ you had, seems like most of the guys I wheel with drive those.

Yes it was a D35. I was wanting to put chromoly axle shafts in it, but wife said know sell it.  I found a D44 after I souls it from another XJ for cheap, but to late.  I am thinking of looking at a Jeep in a few years after I get tired of my F150.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    please keep off topic posts in the "Off Topic" forum, which was specifically set aside for this type of uninteresting, unhelpful, post.

Ahhhh.  The occasion buttt hole to every post.  Hope you feel better.  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    please keep off topic posts in the "Off Topic" forum, which was specifically set aside for this type of uninteresting, unhelpful, post.

Ahhhh.  The occasion buttt hole to every post.  Hope you feel better.  

Haha. They're buddies. Just giving each other crap. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota