Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much daylight cooking time in your area

Options
poster
poster Posts: 1,172
Approaching the first day of summer and I must say its nice to have some extra daylight. What's the sunrise and set in your area. Our official sunrise/sunset is 5:53 to 22:07 here.

Comments

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Daylight here in Orlando is not a problem its the damn afternoon sideways world coming to an end for the last several weeks rain that continues to sundown a little after 8. If this keeps up im gonna have to roll the egg into garage.
    O-Town, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    sunrise is 5, sets around 8:30,   its light though around 4:15 am which is too darn early to be on the boat right now =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    @poster  Where is here?

Down here in south FL   6:27 am 8:15 pm
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    Options
    Here in Auburn, AL we currently have about 14 hours of adequate day light for outside activities. 
    Auburn, Alabama
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Sunrise is 6:20 AM-sunset 9:10 PM.  And as above, plenty of light on either side of that window.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HurricaneEddie1
    HurricaneEddie1 Posts: 92
    edited June 2017
    Options
    sunset around 8:15 but it's raining all the time.  In Miami... another egg accessory is building a covered patio.
    Cooking on a LBGE and MM down in Miami, FL.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    6:30 am - 8:36 pm in austin area
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • poster
    Options
    @poster  Where is here?

Northern Ontario, we are in the edge of a large jog in the eastern time zone, so we get light a lot later than normal. In the winter we pay for it though. Its more like 8:30-5:00
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    poster said:
    @poster  Where is here?

Northern Ontario, we are in the edge of a large jog in the eastern time zone, so we get light a lot later than normal. In the winter we pay for it though. Its more like 8:30-5:00
    we get screwed here with sunset in winter, 4:10 pm with prime time tv starting 5 hours later
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sunrise 04:34, sunset 21.35. It's not that dark an hour after sunset as well.
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Here we get the sunrise at 5am and sunset is at 10pm. Later in the summer it extends to about 11pm
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I'll have about 15 and a quarter hours tomorrow of sun up. Due to oddities of gov't, my times zone position puts me about and hour and 45 minutes off of sun time. With twilight added in, tomorrow will have about 17~18 hours of light, assuming the sky is clear.
  • poster
    Options
    1move said:
    Here we get the sunrise at 5am and sunset is at 10pm. Later in the summer it extends to about 11pm
    Hate to ruin your​ day, but its all down hill after tomorrow that is if your north of the equator. Winters coming, Lol
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Extreme NE Florida: Sunrise today at 0625 Sunset will be at 2031 hours.

Getting lots of rain with heavy winds and lightnig the last week or so especially in the late afternoon and into the evening. That messes with my Egg time ore than the darkness.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• NEKEgger
    NEKEgger Posts: 22
    Options
    Sunrise: 5:03 AM  Sunset: 8:36 PM

In the December...
    Sunrise: 7:21 AM  Sunset: 4:11 PM