Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Success

Options
dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
My 3rd attempt. This time I bought a dough ball from my local Pizzeria. Rolled the dough nice an thin and baked for 15-20 minutes at 475 raised. Crust was burnt on one end. Just need to rotate the pie more during the cook next time and move the stone forward.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a good looking pie!

I make pizza at home a couple of times a year, so I'm no master. But I've used a dough recipe from Fine Cooking that's worked well for me. There are plenty of folks on here who would probably be happy to share their dough recipe if you asked. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks great. I don't know if anything has caused more frustration than pizza for those learning how to make them on the BGE.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    caliking said:
    There are plenty of folks on here who would probably be happy to share their dough recipe if you asked. 
    There use to be a fellow on here that wouldn't share his dough recipe with his own children. Must of been one heck of a dough recipe. Matter of fact, he had quite a few heated exchanges with DMW and TheManBehindTheMask over that dough recipe. That was priceless. Wish I could get that argument started up again. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @dstearn
    Looks great from where I'm sitting. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Pizza looks great...
    Looks like you might be using some kind of a raised grate. Adjustable Rig?
    Try moving your lower, indirect stone closer to the pizza stone you have your pie on. Try and raise it so there is only about 3"-4" between your indirect stone and cooking stone. This will help roll the heat around your cooking stone and into the dome. Just a thought. Just a thought as it looks like your indirect stone is very low. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Pizza looks great...
    Try moving your lower, indirect stone closer to the pizza stone you have your pie on. Try and raise it so there is only about 3"-4" between your indirect stone and cooking stone. This will help roll the heat around your cooking stone and into the dome. Just a thought. Just a thought as it looks like your indirect stone is very low. 
    Thanks, I am using the WOO 2 and Adjustable Rig. I can place the stone directly on the lower grate next time.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    dstearn said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Pizza looks great...
    Thanks, I am using the WOO 2 and Adjustable Rig. I can place the stone directly on the lower grate next time.
    Lower stone on the bottom rack of an AR recently worked for me.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    SGH said:
    caliking said:
    There are plenty of folks on here who would probably be happy to share their dough recipe if you asked. 
    There use to be a fellow on here that wouldn't share his dough recipe with his own children. Must of been one heck of a dough recipe. Matter of fact, he had quite a few heated exchanges with DMW and TheManBehindTheMask over that dough recipe. That was priceless. Wish I could get that argument started up again. 
    you're next in line brother @SGH ;)
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1923810#Comment_1923810
    canuckland
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Looks awesome Brotha!