Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A good weekend of cooking

SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
Friday night the Mini Max was called to duty. I grilled some chicken tenders wrapped in bacon and rolled in brown sugar. Served them with a bit of ranch dressing. 

I found my way to the farmer's market on Saturday morning. I picked up some goodnes for a few dollars. 
The tomatoes were blanched and peeled before being turned into pizza sauce. 

I had to go to the store. They had chickens for $0.88 per pound. I picked up one to roast - I figured I could use the meat for pizza or chicken salad or something.  I also picked up some great eggplant. I made moussaka in the wood oven to have during the week. 

The chicken cooked in the wood oven for 2 1/2 hours or so. It turned out well. 

We had friends over Sunday and cooked pizzas. I used the sauce made from fresh tomatoes, sourdough crust, and fresh basil. We roasted some sweet peppers stuffed with cream cheese for appetizers. Friends it doesn't get much better. 

We finished the evening with a peach galette made with fresh peaches. 

I hope y'all had a great weekend as well. Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Wow! Everything looks amazing as always.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks mighty fine to me brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    @Brason Thank you. @SGH Thank you kindly sir. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Great looking meals!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    When I saw your post I was sooo happy even before I opened it up!  You did not disappoint, Sir!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Wow brother you keep putting out some great food!!  Thanks for sharing
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Great to see the new oven up and running. Very cool!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Too much awesomeness for one post. 

That peach diah at the end would have ended in a fight for the last bite!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Great post and cooks.  You have that oven dialed in-congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    @WeberWho @thetrim @JohnnyTarheel @blind99 @Killit_and_Grillit @lousubcap Thank y'all very much. This oven has been a lot of fun and not as difficult to use as I feared. You get to play with fire and cook great food. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Star_TrEGG
    Star_TrEGG Posts: 111
    Nicely done and well documented!
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    well done
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    WOW! That's some serious grub! Nice work.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • FWRealtor
    FWRealtor Posts: 57
    Good Bull. 
    Big Green Egg Owner since 2012
    Fort Worth ,Texas
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Beautiful - and only growing more envious about the wood oven...  Great cooks!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Man you and your guests eat well! Love seeing that oven in action. 
    Snellville, GA

• SciAggie
    Man you and your guests eat well! Love seeing that oven in action. 
    Thanks. The oven is fun. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Great, great looking food.  You could cook for me anytime.  I too love playing with fire and your wood fired oven looks like a lot of fun.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Great looking cooks. I'm envious every time you post a pizza pic.  
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I should move to your neighborhood...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    @Hawg_Fan Build one! @BJM2932 Thank you. Pizzas just come out great from a wood oven. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    caliking said:
    I should move to your neighborhood...
    We'd overdose on bread if we lived in the same neighborhood, lol. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I think we need to get a carload or two from Austin together some day to deliver you some provisions, maybe stay for lunch or something.
  • SciAggie
    Legume said:
    I think we need to get a carload or two from Austin together some day to deliver you some provisions, maybe stay for lunch or something.
    We could probably make that happen. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Overachiever.
    Very beautifully done. Love the meals and images you shared. I never expect anything less from your posts. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    @YukonRon I genuinely thank you sir.  
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    That looks amazing.

I wish I lived next door to you (and a few others on here). Its always better to learn from a mentor. But no other eggers close by that I know of. So I use this forum for learning. That and lots of mistakes I make.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SciAggie
    @SaintJohnsEgger I have learned volumes on this forum - and still do. Thanks for the kind words. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon