Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daddy's day dinner by Norah Grace

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532

She wanted to cook for me tonight because we've got a hectic schedule on Sunday.  She made a full meal starting off with a perfect grass  fed strip steak with cast iron green beans and smashed redskins.  Man was she busy she was running in and out of the house to get it all done!  She was happy to have mom as her second tonight, to make sure the potatoes and beans didn't run into difficulties.  Well once it was all over, she went out and tossed on a few peaches to have for a "final" dish as she put it.  All and all it was an amazing meal and the best gift I've ever gotten.  She's an  wonderful loving kid who lets me know how much I'm loved every single day   

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Another home-run right there.  Keep fueling the fire and you will continue to be justly rewarded.  What a great way to celebrate.  A natural for sure.  
    Congrats again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very, very nice. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap we are having a great time together.  I know someday she's going to be moving on to bigger things.  I'm reminded everyday how quickly this time is going.  I hope that at the end of my days, she looks back fondly, knowing how much her dad loved her.  If there is one thing I hope to give her is a realization that I did as much for her as I could.  A wise man once told me that she's mine to take care of for a little while but ultimately she dose not belong to me.  God has gifted me with this time so I must make the most of it.
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Awesome... enjoy your time every day!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Priceless
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Here's my very simple guidelines for any parent...All you can give them are "Love, Time, Values and Education." Do that to the best of your ability and you have done your best.  
    @ryantt - you are there-and you are doing your best.  Happy Father's Day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    "Butterfly Kisses" sed to be min and my youngest daughter's song. and when I travelled she wouldn't go to sleep until I called home.

Today she took me to lunch for Father's Day and set across from me with some boy she is crazy about.

Enjoy these times brother as they move on way too soon and someday she will have some other guy in her life.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Another home run! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Very nicely done. I especially like those peaches.

I often find my 3yo boy "making soup" , which means stirring the ash bucket with one of my ash tools! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.