Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very Dissappointed!

Options
2»

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Robm24 said:
    Contact any dealer.......you need to take a picture, find the lot number stamped in the base if you can, & submit the receipt.  That's it.  BGE would have told you to do the same--that's what the dealership network is for.

When your new car breaks down, you don't call the HQ in Detroit and expect them to send you the parts and a mechanic......you go to the ANY dealer and they fix it (doesn't have be the one you bought it from).

Once again… OVER 15 YEARS OLD. You can't even read the receipt. Which is why I contacted them to get some direction. But thanks for the smart a$$ response. 

I processed two cracked base warranties last month.........both 10+ yrs old, couldn't read the lot numbers, and only one had a receipt.  The other was from a closed dealer (no records), but I was easily able to get it approved when I explained the situation.  Both were approved and shipped to our warehouse within 48 hrs.  Pretty good customer/dealer service when you go through the right channels.

If you're in St. Louis, we can submit this for you and get it approved......or if you think it's a lost cause, then we can just sell you a new base for $475.

Make sure you include the maintenance log book with the new base to make sure the oil is changed regularly should he have problems with the second one. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    SCREW YOU MATT!!!!!!
    This right here is caps AND bold.  The OP only went with bold.  Get it straight people! 

Speaking of the OP, not much interaction with him here.  I gather he's running around outside, yelling at clouds.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Speaking of the OP, not much interaction with him here.  
    It makes one stop and ponder that maybe he simply suffers from anal retentiveness. Or possible a prolapse. We may never know brother John. We are left only to wonder and contemplate the vast and endless possibilities.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Had the tires on the nest been properly rotated this could have been avoided. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    GrillSgt said:
    Hard to believe someone has had an egg for 15 years and never posted here. 
    I'm guessing the percentage of Egg owners that actually are aware of this forum is pretty small.

And the amount that can put up with the bulls$hit is even smaller
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    It makes one stop and ponder that maybe he simply suffers from anal retentiveness. Or possible a prolapse. We may never know brother John. We are left only to wonder and contemplate the vast and endless possibilities.  
    I just peed myself a little
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Prolapse...gold
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    I just peed myself a little
    Nothing wrong with that brother Tex. Many actually embrace it ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I'm disappointed in this crowd. 
    Well, that's fine but Robm24 is dissappointed. See, he even used creative spelling to make his point!
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SGH said:
    Contemplation is always good, especially when aided by an alcoholic beverage.
  • SGH
    Options
    Prolapse...gold
    Indeed sir  :D

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Eoin said:
    SGH said:
    Contemplation is always good, especially when aided by an alcoholic beverage.
    Well said brother. Well said. 

Status- Standing by.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    Well, that's fine but Robm24 is dissappointed. See, he even used creative spelling to make his point!
    At least he's not devastated........

Let the games begin!!!!!!!
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Robm24 - Let's us know where you land on this.  I guess I got lucky and had a warranty claim early on in my ownership so the receipt was handy.  Since then I have not had to produce a receipt since it was validate about 8 years ago now.  Just work with a local dealer for assistance.    Good luck 
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    Options
    bulls$hit 
    One of my personal favorites =)

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @sgh - I guessing that the OP was egging his first batch of anus and went to hot n fast thus busting up his egg.  

There is a fine line between good anus and a cracked egg.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    @Robm24 ALSO HAS T SHIRTS FOR SALE IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @robm24 be like
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Man what a bunch of judgy people. Have a ltitle respect for this guy. He used caps and bold dang it. 

#whereisBruce? 

:smiley:
    Awesome @tarheelmatt. I was about to tell this guy (was going to use the descriptor of douche bag, but rethought that) to shove it where the sun don't shine, which could be almost anywhere here in the PNW, but your post talked me off the ledge...... 
    @stlcharcoal  - you are too kind, a true business man with great customer service. Take a bow my friend. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    Options
    Robm24 said:
    Contact any dealer.......you need to take a picture, find the lot number stamped in the base if you can, & submit the receipt.  That's it.  BGE would have told you to do the same--that's what the dealership network is for.

When your new car breaks down, you don't call the HQ in Detroit and expect them to send you the parts and a mechanic......you go to the ANY dealer and they fix it (doesn't have be the one you bought it from).

Once again… OVER 15 YEARS OLD. You can't even read the receipt. Which is why I contacted them to get some direction. But thanks for the smart a$$ response. 

Eghhhh.  Lighten up there Francis. 

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    Robm24 said:
    I recently discovered a crack in my large BGE. It runs from the bottom vent under it almost to the center. I've had my BGE for over 15yrs and love it. I wrote BGE customer service and explained. That was almost a month ago. I have yet to get a single response. I have put a lot of time and money maintaining this BGE for many years and now I may lose it because of poor customer service.  I have turned several people on to The BGE over the years. I guess I expected to at least get a damn response! 

Let me add, I contacted BGE directly because the store I purchased from is no longer in business. 
    Get a rope 
  • tonkaegger
    tonkaegger Posts: 35
    Options
    I made a warranty claim without any documentation of purchase, although I am the original owner, and it went smoothly.  I went through a great local dealer.  I think BGE is outstanding on warranty service.
    Twin Cities, Minn. XL BGE, cheap barrel smoker and old Weber kettle

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    You're doing great, keep it up!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)