Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Brisket Tracker

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    bgebrent said:
    Pumped to hear about the Cumming Costco.  Will be checking it out.
    You need to take yourself and your little head band light over there to check it out. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    You need to take yourself and your little head band light over there to check it out. 
    You get brisket next year small hands.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGrabs33
    SGrabs33 Posts: 46
    Apex, NC Costco also had separated points for sale individually. So they now have everything, whole packers, flats, and points. 
    Raleigh, NC
  • bob.bud said:
    Bloomfield Hills, MI - often has packers anywhere from $2.79 to $2.99 lb.
    We're pretty fortunate in this area. We're in N Oakland county and I think we have 7-8 Costco within 30 miles, they all regularly have Prime packers at less than $3 a lb. 
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    edited April 2017

@Webass I bought mine last Saturday @ around lunch time (I know this because I ate 2 slices of pizza and a ft. long Hot dog and fountain drink, I then started questioning my decision making skills as I felt like I was going to die) There were 4 when I picked mine up and there were also a lot of flats many more than the packers.

If you would like message me and next time I see them in stock ill pick one up for ya and freeze it although I don't frequent Costco.

Thanks for the offer.  Made it to Costco Thursday and found about 1/2 dozen in the case.  Picked up a nice 14#'er.  With prime packers and pork bellies now carried, looks like we've moved into the big time here in KnoxVegas.  

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• SirSquatch
    SirSquatch Posts: 109
    Leesburg, VA has a case full. First Prime full packers I have seen in Northern VA. 
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • FYI for you guys getting them for the first time like us in NC. The dept guy said obviously buying them isn't key, but he also recommended to call corporate and tell them thanks for stocking them. He said that really helps keep products on the shelf. I grabbed two today, will be doing my first one overnight tonight!
    LBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    bgebrent said:
    They had a bunch out today. One was a 22lber 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    FYI for you guys getting them for the first time like us in NC. The dept guy said obviously buying them isn't key, but he also recommended to call corporate and tell them thanks for stocking them. He said that really helps keep products on the shelf. I grabbed two today, will be doing my first one overnight tonight!
    I emailed them a while back and will now email back to thank them. 

Went back today. Was slim pickings in Greensboro.  Was wanting another one, but didn't. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    FYI for you guys getting them for the first time like us in NC. The dept guy said obviously buying them isn't key, but he also recommended to call corporate and tell them thanks for stocking them. He said that really helps keep products on the shelf. I grabbed two today, will be doing my first one overnight tonight!
    I emailed them a while back and will now email back to thank them. 

Went back today. Was slim pickings in Greensboro.  Was wanting another one, but didn't. 
    Words out...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Loading the system in anticipation of all the practice cooks in the run-up to
    "Sunday, May 28
    National Brisket Day 2017 in United States of America."

Enjoy the beef goodness and entertainment of the cook.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Costco Fort Oglethorpe, GA $2.99 Prime packers
  • Chelnerul
    Chelnerul Posts: 153
    Leesburg, VA has a case full. First Prime full packers I have seen in Northern VA. 
    Excellent news! We're now getting within an hour of the DC vortex! Saw on a different forum last night that the Fredericksburg, VA Costco also had packers as of yesterday...
    Manning our FOB in occupied Northern Virginia...
  • that_dude_Dave
    that_dude_Dave Posts: 55
    edited May 2017
    yesterday at St, Louis MO Costco... I know, only 8 pounds, but there's only two of us. I was amazed to find a packer that small. 
    St. Louis Barbeque Society certified competition judge

XL and MiniMax
  • DC_SnDvl
    DC_SnDvl Posts: 1
    :s None in Gaithersburg MD, only choice flats with most of the fat trimmed off.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Still have prime full packers but up to 3.69 a pound here.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Beef prices are on the rise according to a local butcher buddy.  Checked out a prime Costco for national brisket day tomorrow.  A month ago or so they were 295 per pound and now

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Was in my local Maryland one this week.  They still only have flats, cut to around 4 lbs.  And they are almost $5/lbs.  Not a deal.   I have to go to other markets to get a nice big whole one.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Monju123
    Monju123 Posts: 11
    Lafayette, La. $3.49 a lb. for prime.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Grandville Michigan has jumped to 3.59 lb for prime packer and they were big. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Star_TrEGG
    Star_TrEGG Posts: 111
    @SirSquatch @HCOJ @Chelnerul @VB_egger So in the Washington DC Metro area, our only Costco options are in Leesburg, VA; Frederick, MD; and further south in Norfolk, VA for prime packer briskets.  SirSquatch, do you know if packer briskets are currently available at the Leesburg Costco before I make the road trip there?  Thanks!
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • Monju123
    Monju123 Posts: 11
    Monju123 said:
    Lafayette, La. $3.49 a lb. for prime.
    Up to $3.69 now. 
  • PBandJ
    PBandJ Posts: 92
    edited June 2017
    Fredericksburg, Va. has them. I've never cooked one but I picked up two. I'm excited to give it a try. 

Woodbridge, Va.
  • Star_TrEGG
    Star_TrEGG Posts: 111
    @SirSquatch @HCOJ @Chelnerul @VB_egger So in the Washington DC Metro area, our only Costco options are in Leesburg, VA; Frederick, MD; and further south in Norfolk, VA for prime packer briskets.  SirSquatch, do you know if packer briskets are currently available at the Leesburg Costco before I make the road trip there?  Thanks!
    Unfortunately the Leesburg, VA and (I suspect) Frederick, MD Costco's don't have packer briskets.  Thanks, @PBandJ for confirming that the Fredericksburg, VA Costco has them in stock!  It may be too far of a drive for me from the DC Beltway so I'll stick with the local Restaurant Depot.  Nothing wrong with their briskets.
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • SirSquatch
    SirSquatch Posts: 109
    Unfortunately the Leesburg, VA and (I suspect) Frederick, MD Costco's don't have packer briskets.  Thanks, @PBandJ for confirming that the Fredericksburg, VA Costco has them in stock!  It may be too far of a drive for me from the DC Beltway so I'll stick with the local Restaurant Depot.  Nothing wrong with their briskets.
    Must have just been a spring/summer thing for Leesburg. That's too bad, seems like they were selling well. 
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Bump

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    We are in Anchorage, Alaska, at the moment and was just buying gas at Costco.  I decided to go inside and check the meat prices and see if they had any Prime Packers.  They do and they have a pretty large selection of Prime beef.  They have a lot of cuts in cryovac packages (you have to ask for these at my Pennsylvania Costco).  Prices are quite good by Alaskan standards and not too much more than at home.  The Prime Brisket Packer was $3.79/pound and they had a lot of them.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Homebrewguy
    Homebrewguy Posts: 158
    bob.bud said:
    Bloomfield Hills, MI - often has packers anywhere from $2.79 to $2.99 lb.
    We're pretty fortunate in this area. We're in N Oakland county and I think we have 7-8 Costco within 30 miles, they all regularly have Prime packers at less than $3 a lb. 
    Really?  Last time I looked there a few months ago they didn't have any prime brisket.  Maybe they were out of stock.
    LBGE & Masterbuilt 30" Stainless Electric Digital Smokehouse w/Cold Smoker
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Last minute planning cost me $8.99 at Costco over the weekend.   It was painful, but had to have it.

Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Brisket prices moving up.  Stopped by the local Costco today and the prime packers are $3.99/lb.  Selection was plentiful; must have had a good 10 in the meat locker.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.