Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -- Central NC Golf Thread

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
greetings friends,

a good friend gave me a big gift this past month. He's a PGA tour official and pro (Ryder cup, masters, etc etc - big guy), and took me out on the range and fixed my swing over three hours. Golf is fun again. 

Listen, my slice was a first world problem, I know.  But my ball was landing in third world countries. It was like the blasted lands over there. I come back with more balls than I left with because I find everyone else's in the woods. California contracted with me during the drought because no matter what, my ball would find water. I single handedly raised the water table in my county six inches. Im right handed and I never saw the left side of a fairway. 

So - I'm enjoying a tasty draw now. And have proven it over a few games, and at the range, scientific like. 

Anyone one around here wanna hit the links? @Wolfpack @johnmitchell @JohnInCarolina @piney @nolaegghead Nola will come up, I know he will....

or are your chicken wings a flappin and you're too busy with work? :).

Damien's old fashioneds after a round at my place....

cheers. 
8-Damien

Edit -- weird subject header error there...
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sorry for the intrusion, but where th F is @johnmitchell ?  He is missed around here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I would love to, but I'm beyond terrible at golf.  The only golfing I've done includes one day at the driving range, hitting balls outside our lab towards the FBI building, knocking them into the Houston Galleria parking garage with my sister one drunk night (I might add, the statute of limitations is up on all these events).  And some other times I can't really discuss here.  ;)

But enjoyed meeting you at the B blast.  Next time I'm in the vicinity, I'll let ya know.
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel I'd like to play sometime. Where do you normally play?
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sorry for the intrusion, but where th F is @johnmitchell ?  He is missed around here.
    Agree 1000%. John is such a great guy. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Let me know if you all play- would love to but travel during week and normally kid stuff on the weekends. 

But will fit in if I can- 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I haven't played a round in probably more than ten years, and when I did play, my game was much more "In The Woods" than "Tiger Woods".  

But I appreciate the invite.  Ever played the Duke course?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I haven't played a round in probably more than ten years, and when I did play, my game was much more "In The Woods" than "Tiger Woods".  

But I appreciate the invite.  Ever played the Duke course?
    Played it flip flops once.  Had a big meeting at the Washington Duke and didn't plan for golf.  Nice course, just a few odd stares for the flip flops.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    @RRog17  im in Greensboro, so anywhere around here. Just did Tot Hill Farm yesterday. Crazy course. 

The local muni has nine holes with two tee boxes so it plays like 18 kinda. $18 to ride. Can't beat that. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Let me know if you all play- would love to but travel during week and normally kid stuff on the weekends. 

But will fit in if I can- 
    Same here, but would love to try. 
    Canton, GA
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    I have played two rounds of golf in my life.  One was at Pinehurst #2, about a month after the '99 US Open was held there.  (My company had an event there that included a round for everyone.)  I had a great time, but was thinking how much others would have probably appreciated it much more than I did.
    Raleigh, NC
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    @RRog17  im in Greensboro, so anywhere around here. Just did Tot Hill Farm yesterday. Crazy course. 

The local muni has nine holes with two tee boxes so it plays like 18 kinda. $18 to ride. Can't beat that. 
    Let's do it sometime!
    Canton, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The Triad is loaded with great golf courses with bent greens . Wish I were closer 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    My number is 336/392-19nospam54.. text anytime. 

Im usually available mornings. All day usually Thursday or Friday. 

Lets do this!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE