Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thunder God vs Pizza God.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
Fellows, it's no secret that Pizza has always been my Achilles Heel or detached anus. However I think that I'm finally getting a little better. 
With that said, I whipped up 3 pizzas today. I will say up front that in no way do my pizzas compare to what I have seen posted here on the forum by the real Pizza Gods. Not even close. But I think that they are finally decent enough to post. So with that said, and in hopes of not offending the true Pizza Gods, here they are. 
Pepperoni, jalapeño, green pepper, onion and 3 cheeses. 

Just plain pepperoni and cheese. 

Last but certainly not least, I call this one Anus Surprise ;)

I did not post the recipe or process. Why? Because there are many here that are far more qualified in this arena than me. And you should follow their advice instead of mine. I will however say this, in an attempt to be semi-authentic, they were cooked over oak wood in my Shirley warmer. 
At any rate, thanks for taking a peek my friends. And may the Pizza Gods keep us all in their grace and good favor. 
For the record, the Pizza Gods certainly bested me this go around. But I live to fight another day =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Well done my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks good from here!  You'll be a pizza god soon I'm sure!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    About time you surfaced again around here.  Anus is your delicacy but you can definitely boost the flavoring with jalapeños or more.  Great looking pies and I'm sure the (insert adjective) Gods are smiling.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Looking for a head cheese, anus pie from you Scottie!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    I think you're half way up Mount Olympus at this point. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Looking for a head cheese, anus pie from you Scottie!
    Coming soon my friend. Just be patient.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Im not very good with pizza either. Bout time to try again. 

Little Rock, AR

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Options
    With that much cheese you must be a relative. Save me a slice
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Well done Scottie.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    They look GREAT to me!!!  Wow!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Looks like some great pies. Maybe throw a little pre-parched anus on next time to put it over the top. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Anus surprise. With a name like that I'm not sure there is any surprise left!

Looks good to me. 
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks good Scotty
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I concur.  Do you concur?
    Options
    I concur. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    (I should have concurred earlier....damnit!)
    Options
    Wait...wut did I concur to?
    Options
    I am Frank Abagnale, Jr.

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Foghorn - Bridget's brother Jim retired from his cardiology practice and is now a professor at UAB.  Seems like a good way to wind down in retirement.
    Options
    @nolaegghead, that may be how you slow down in cardiology, but not in my field. I'm in academia but I put in about 60 clinical hours each week while being expected to publish regularly and run a residency program. When I decide to slow down in 15-20 years I may do some locum tenens work for a few weeks here as there as a way to cover the expenses of seeing different parts of the country. You know, go to Montana (or wherever) and work for two weeks then stay on for a few more weeks and see Yellowstone or whatever is nearby. 

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with a head cheese and par-boiled anus pizza. 

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Foghorn (pausing)....(holding).....(releasing)... "YEEEEHAWWW!"

Nothing I love more than a pissing match over anus infused head cheese. 

Seriously, sounds like fun.  Consider a big bus-like RV that runs in high altitudes, or just tool around minimalist style on an old Triumph.  Either way, make it your way.  That's my style of retirement.

And get a cat for your travels.  For chrissakes.
    Options
    Those pizzas look mighty fine to me. I'm sure your lucky partakers were in awe.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    They aren't very round like the ones from Papa Johns.

They look delicious though.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lookin' good Scottie.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    To Scottie's pizza and the Pizza Gods.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    If it taste good then why worry about the looks.  Sometime picture perfect is just that.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    good job @SGH.  Those zas look mighty tasty....
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great job... yes I would break pie with you
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"