Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Carwash, they ain't the big ones....thank goodness

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
123_2330.jpg
<p />I wanted steak tonight and found these little scallops in the freezer next to the steaks. So, I thought a practice cook was in order, before cooking the big ones. It was a good thing too, cause I missed the mark on these, Not overcooked or anything, just lacking flavor. Even the butter mix in the foil missed. Several folks were kind enough to provide me with some good ideas. I got some reading up to do.[p]By the way, I appreciate your no mercy attitude with football, letting me start...0-2. It's only a temporary set-back, I'll be gunning for ya, next weekend. [p]T

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    That there is a good looking pic. I'm curious, what kind of set-up is that. Large egg? How about that rasied grid too?
    Thanks

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    sc01.jpg
    <p />Sandbagger,
    I'm just glad you didn't pick Cincy and the points, I saw that coming a mile away.
    Q.How do you stop one of the NFL's most productive Offenses?
    A.You hire Herm Edwards.[p]I bought a little Lodge Cast Iron Pot and while cooking scallops, melt a little butter and RR. Then dip each one when pulling off.
    I really shouldn't have read this at 9pm. Now I need a steak.[p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I need to go watch Sunday night football. I think I heard the guy on the radio say the Payton brothers are squaring off. [p]I figure I can only get better on my picks. T

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Wardster, hanging in the fire ring is a bge medium cast iron grid on what I call the spider. I sear there. The spider holds other stuff too.[p]Holding the top grid is my adjustable rig. That grid is an old bge large grid I cut in half for a warming grid. It sits 6 inches off the fire ring. I guess if you wanted, you could have a large grid on the fire ring, set the adjustable rig on that grid and use the 1/2 grid too. I just cut the old grid in half last week, so I am still playing. [p]Just one of my toys. T

• Grillicious
    Options
    Sandbagger, I've got your rig as you may remember, but I noticed that you've added an extra hook on the front opening. What's that used for?