Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Options
Quick pork tenderloin question..
i have read here to cook internal to anywhere from 140 to 160.
opinions? This is my first one.
thanks for any help!
Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    No more than 140*F tops.  I run raised direct (~ 350*F on the dome) and flip around every 10 minutes or so til done.  Great eats await.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I personally pull at 145-150 and let it set for 10-15 minute. I think 160 is well done in pork. 160 to me makes the pork texture like rubber and its to tough to chew. 
  • itzann
    itzann Posts: 35
    Options
    @pirates21 here is a link to a discussion last week in which I was given great advice about grilling pork tenderloin (I mistakenly called them pork loin when I posted). Mine stayed tender even cooking to 160 deg., but I might try them at 145 deg. next time. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1206259/pork-loins-on-minimax#latest
    Normal, IL 
    Minimax
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't really remember what temp I pull at, though I think it's 145°. At 135° the center is too cool for me. I cook 'em direct at gasket level for 5 minutes per "side", 20 min total. Whatever internal temp that is always works for me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As a little background: for a long time USDA recommended cooking pork to 160 like poultry, but it was reduced to 145 as a safe temp around 2011. Many recipes still state 160, but 145 is perfectly safe. If you don't mind the pork a little pinkish on the inside, then cook to 145. Some people still prefer cooking a little higher. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    we typically pull it at ~135-138 and let it rest wrapped in foil for 10 minutes or so and by the time we eat is is at a comfortable 145-ish
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    I pull pork tenderloin at 150 -153 and it alleviates any issues for folks that don't want it too pink....  it is always tender and juicy....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"