Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT What kind of car is this?

Options
td66snrf
td66snrf Posts: 1,822
On of my guys came across this accident today. Notice the left rear wheel and suspension is now in front of the car! Give up? It's a McLaren 570GT. It tangled with a Lexus SUV.The real kicker.........

PAPER PLATES. 
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A sh!t day no doubt, uffda.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Reason number 1,354 that state mandated insurance limits are too low lol (atleast in Florida)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Ouch...going to feel that in the morning and in the pocket book.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Just a couple new carbon fiber pieces down at Napa should do the trick. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Any bets that cell-phone interaction was at play here?
    BTW- I would never have guessed.  Too high-end for my routine local road trips.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny (not funny) is that I have a brand spanking new Lexus SUV in the shop now fighting the same policy limits crap. Had a pretty heated conversation with the Southeast VP whatever of a major insurance company today. Basically, insurance companies suck suck suck. 
    Nothing at all like the problem that dude is faced with but years ago I had just bought a brand new Chevy Tracker and the very first day I drove it to work a stupid "lady" shot across 4 lanes of traffic and I hit her. I had 48 miles on the odometer and turned out the repair was $4.7K. Up shot is even though the police report showed she was in error the (MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY) adjuster tried to weasel out of replacing the front fenders, hood, grill and other parts saying "it was MY" fault! To this day I think if I had not gone totally ballistic on that *ss-hole that day I would have been driving a new car with 6 gallons of Bondo and duct tape!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    200 grand later...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

This has got to suck for the dude.  I'll never drive a fancy vehicle again - too many people are more interested in their phones than vehicle safety.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Good thing he was driving the cheap Mclaren. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Anyone who can reasonably afford that car can probably afford a second, nevermind the insurance.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    3 or 4years ago I had my insurance agent up my coverage. I can cover hitting a Mercedes SUV now but Ferraris are on their own.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I have good results with immediately contacting the state insurance commissioner as soon as I feel that I'm getting the run around. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Not sure who all live in states with no fault statutes, but your own insurance covers damage up to your limits, and then the other drivers insurance kicks in to over the rest regardless of who's fault it was . Just a fun fact most people don't know about.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Everyone has been wondering where @nolaegghead has been. 

You have your answer.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    No insurance limits in the UK, just a variable excess. I'm happy with an excess as I won't claim for small stuff anyway, it's the big stuff you need insurance for. Anyone who drives a McLaren without enough insurance wants their head examining.

Is phone use still allowed in the US? Automatic fine / points here if you're holding a mobile in your hand when driving.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Eoin Here in California it is illegal to use your phone while driving but when your stopped at an intersection about every third driver has a phone to their ear or worse they're looking down texting.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    @Eoin Here in California it is illegal to use your phone while driving but when your stopped at an intersection about every third driver has a phone to their ear or worse they're looking down texting.
    @td66snrf Not allowed here, only engine off and parked is allowed, stationary in traffic is not. Doesn't stop phone use being common though.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    RRP said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny (not funny) is that I have a brand spanking new Lexus SUV in the shop now fighting the same policy limits crap. Had a pretty heated conversation with the Southeast VP whatever of a major insurance company today. Basically, insurance companies suck suck suck. 
    Up shot is even though the police report showed she was in error the (MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY) adjuster tried to weasel out of replacing the front fenders, hood, grill and other parts saying "it was MY" fault! To this day I think if I had not gone totally ballistic on that *ss-hole that day I would have been driving a new car with 6 gallons of Bondo and duct tape!

This is but a typical example of any given MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY’s irrational conduct that repeats itself thousands of times each day across the country the result of which is usually some attorney filing suit to force the carrier to do what it’s supposed to do by contract yet fails/refuses to do for its own monetary gain.  Meanwhile for each of these episodes there are an equal number of people pissing & moaning about all those damn lawyers filing all those damn ‘frivolous’ lawsuits… you’re all a bunch of miserable cranky fvcks that are never happy unless you’re bitching about (fill in the blank)

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    RRP said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Up shot is even though the police report showed she was in error the (MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY) adjuster tried to weasel out of replacing the front fenders, hood, grill and other parts saying "it was MY" fault! To this day I think if I had not gone totally ballistic on that *ss-hole that day I would have been driving a new car with 6 gallons of Bondo and duct tape!

This is but a typical example of any given MAJOR INSURANCE COMPANY’s irrational conduct that repeats itself thousands of times each day across the country the result of which is usually some attorney filing suit to force the carrier to do what it’s supposed to do by contract yet fails/refuses to do for its own monetary gain.  Meanwhile for each of these episodes there are an equal number of people pissing & moaning about all those damn lawyers filing all those damn ‘frivolous’ lawsuits… you’re all a bunch of miserable cranky fvcks that are never happy unless you’re bitching about (fill in the blank)

I hear you and I would have gone to my attorney had I not prevailed - trust me!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    It will buff out.....
    Jacksonville FL
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    The cops won't be able to see illegal cell phone usage, they are too busy on their MDT (mobile data terminal) or their own phone. I see that every day.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Is the obvious answer not "wrecked"?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    From the looks of it, it appears the Mclaren was basket-weaving the traffic and miscalculated. Some with cars like this think they own the road. In the metro DC area we have morons that do that sort of thing on the 2-wheeled variety.  When they crash, it is generally a trip to the morgue in a bucket(s) if they can find enough pieces.  One jerk was pulling wheelies at > 100MPH and hit a rock.  One officer said they would reopen the beltway when they found enough pieces to maybe identify the driver while holding a shoe with the foot still in it. (this as relayed to me by a buddy who was one of the first to come up on it)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    you dont sue the insurance company, you sue the insurance broker for not insuring you properly ;) there was so many things wrong on my last policy it was unreal, like born in 1964 with an elderly discount because im supposedly 65 =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Looks short to be a Mclaren...I thought it was a Lotus.  Since it's past the intersection, he either ran a light or got hit by someone running a light.  Expensive either way...
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @texaswig Can buff it out. All is good!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    It is a smashed car =);):o
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ouch. A buddy of mine's 16 yr old little brother t boned the only Rolls Royce in my hometown. The legal proceedings were brutal. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    The worst part is when it doesn't total. The owner has to live with a car that's had major work done to it. And they don't want it anymore. Then they give the body shop problems the whole time. And don't even get me started on the look of horror on their face if they see it torn down to a million pieces all over the shop. That's something they can never unsee. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx