Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza 2nd Attempt

Options
dstearn
dstearn Posts: 1,702
Let the Traders Joe sit for 4 1/2 hrs. Still a pain to get a thin crust. 

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    What is the black crumbly stuff on top of the cooked one? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good!!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• BJM2932
    BJM2932 Posts: 119
    Options
    What did you think of the TJ dough? I was considering the whole wheat the other day for a quick dinner, but passed because i hadn't heard anything about it.  
    L BGE
    Paoli, PA

Instagram

• dstearn
    Options
    What is the black crumbly stuff on top of the cooked one? 
    Dome crud after I removed the Smokeware cap to increase the temp. It paired well with the cheese. :-) 
  • dstearn
    Options

BJM2932 said:
    What did you think of the TJ dough? I was considering the whole wheat the other day for a quick dinner, but passed because i hadn't heard anything about it.  
    I tried it because I heard good things about it on this forum. My issue is that I need to work the dough more before I try to shape and roll it. I may experiment trying to make my own dough by hand. For this cook I let it sit on the counter for 4 1/2 hrs but that made it more difficult to keep the dough together. Plus the crust was chewier this time again because I let it sit out too long. Once I get the dough down I should be ok. My wife likes the pizzas that I have made so far better than the Pizzeria pies we have delivered. The crust is the area that I need to improve.
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    We often use the chef boy R.D. pizza in a box kit. You mix the dough and let it sit for 30 minutes and it makes decent dough. Just don't give up!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    leaving it out for a few hours is fine, its the rolling pin you need to put away for thin crust to be light and airy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Try making your own with 00 flour. It makes a great dense thin dough in my opinion. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Easy solution: A) make your own until you are happy with the process, OR, find you local pizza joint (not a chain) and buy your dough balls from them. You can make your dough as thin as you can. May cost 2-3 bucks a dough ball but takes all the stress and mess out of it. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    I cut those TJ dough balls into 2 or 4 pieces. Then you get thin crust!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • dstearn
    Options
    Easy solution: A) make your own until you are happy with the process, OR, find you local pizza joint (not a chain) and buy your dough balls from them. You can make your dough as thin as you can. May cost 2-3 bucks a dough ball but takes all the stress and mess out of it. 
    In called my favorite pizza joint and they sell them for $2.13! That will be my next step.