Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Video of the 7th Annual Georgia Mountain EggFest

HERE is a little taste of the 7th Annual Georgia Mountain EggFest.

The video is a little over 10 minutes long and includes Friday night's Meet and Greet, Saturday's EggFest, and Saturday night's after-party.  
I hope you enjoy it!

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Excellent Job Kristi, as always.Thank you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Great video.  It does look like a beautiful venue.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Excellent slideshow! Beautiful venue. My favorite pic was the last one. A nicer guy you won't find anywhere!

Agreed.  :smile:@Poolman is one of a kind!   I thought this photo was perfect for the ending... it's like he's already there waiting for all of us to show up for next year. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I think it's @FlaPoolman. As long as we're embarrassing him, we might as well do it right. =)

(Hi, Pat. :))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Thanks for sharing.  Your photos and videos convey so much of what makes a great EggFest. The 8th annual Georgia Mountain EggFest is on my must do list. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    edited June 2017

How's this Carolina Q?   

@FlaPoolman
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Send that to John Hall so he can add it to his signature.  :):)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Carolina Q

How's this Carolina Q?   

@FlaPoolman
    Hahaha, PERFECT!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thank you for posting that! I'm always saying one of these days I'll make it to that fest, which has to be the best one in the country and with the most beautiful setting! It was great to see some old faces from long ago who never post anymore so it's nice to know they are still kickin!  And still honing their fine cooking skills as many of them taught a lot of us old timers the ropes!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    RRP said:
    Thank you for posting that! I'm always saying one of these days I'll make it to that fest, which has to be the best one in the country and with the most beautiful setting! It was great to see some old faces from long ago who never post anymore so it's nice to know they are still kickin!  And still honing their fine cooking skills as many of them taught a lot of us old timers the ropes!
    Yep. If I ever make it to another fest, it will probably be this one. I'm sure there were some "old faces" I missed, but I saw Kim (Vidalia1) and Ginny (Mint Tulip), Big'Un, Pat (Poolman), Jules (Mainegg), and John Hall (Egret) of course. A few others who looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the face.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NecessaryIndulg
    SamIAm2 said:
    Send that to John Hall so he can add it to his signature.  :):)
    I help manage the GA Mountain Facebook Page so it will definitely be on there in the near future. :wink:
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    there was a lot of fine looking vittles and even more happy faces.  Congrats to everyone that put that show on and the folks that went and had a large time.  Eyed me that Cuban sandwich which looked killer and some ABT's that looked off the hook...gotta do that gig one day....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• NecessaryIndulg
    pasoegg said:
    there was a lot of fine looking vittles and even more happy faces.  Congrats to everyone that put that show on and the folks that went and had a large time.  Eyed me that Cuban sandwich which looked killer and some ABT's that looked off the hook...gotta do that gig one day....
    @SmokinTiger81 cooked the Cubans! They went fast! 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Thanks....enjoyed meeting you. Will be in touch re: Italy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Kristi, thanks for posting, looks great as always.  Like you said  "save the date" for 2018
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Fantastic Kristi.  Great photography and documentation of the amazing food.  See you next year.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    What a great collection of photos...No better way to answer the question, "what is an Eggfest?", then to send them your video links. 
    So many happy Eggers and great food..Those 2 cuban sandwiches really jumped out at me.lol
    The last photo of Pat was great...Still get so compliments when I wear the yellow "Just Egg It" shirt.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    edited June 2017
    We aim to please on the Cubans.  The only place you can get those is my house and the Georgia Mtn Eggfest.  (b/c John is only one that let's us in early to do the Cuban butt overnight on Friday)  
  • Carolina Q
    Photo Egg said:
    The last photo of Pat was great...Still get so compliments when I wear the yellow "Just Egg It" shirt.
    Is Pat making those shirts now? Al (HungryMan) used to, but last I heard, he was planning to give it up and I thought Pat was inheriting. Anyone know?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Photo Egg said:
    Is Pat making those shirts now? Al (HungryMan) used to, but last I heard, he was planning to give it up and I thought Pat was inheriting. Anyone know?
    I'm not sure on the shirts.
    I got mine years ago from Al, and I wish I would have bought a couple more.
    I save the one I have for Eggfests to extend it's life.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • @Carolina Q - Pat was supposed to inherit the t-shirt stuff from Al, but I don't think it ever happened. Al got busy being retired, so maybe that had something to do with it.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • @NecessaryIndulg  - Thanks, Kristi, for posting the pics. It looks great as per usual . Unfortunately for this year, George and Ruth and I had conflicting "stuff" going on for the dates. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Hey nobody told me it was over, guess I need to find a ride home now. @Carolina Q thanks buddy I hope to see you at this one next year, I just booked my room last night. It really is the best venue and one of the best run fests I've ever been to. Thanks again Kristi for all the pics, I'll send you a couple of videos you can add to the page Haha. To anybody on the fence mark these dates and signup early because cooks tickets go fast and it's much more fun on that side of the table.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Photo Egg said:
    I do believe Al (HungryMan) hung up his t-shirt biz years ago. To this day I'm still glad I had him silk screen some chef coats for me back when I was teaching BGE classes. I have white ones but the black ones with this on the back were my favorites!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.