Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Costco Membership

Options
13»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We have the executive, and we also have the credit card. We get the normal cash back, which pays for the membership, but with the card, we put Everything on that, and pay it off every month, and get additional % points based on purchases. The cash we make saves us lots of money, and adds to our vacations or whatever we want.
    If you do not pay it off every month, don't get the card.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Eggcelsior @tarheelmatt  Learned something new about Costco today.  So yesterday I asked my wife if she had received an update about when the back ordered furniture would arrive.  She dug through her emails and found nothing.  As in she never ordered it.  It was still sitting in her shopping cart.  Told her stop by the store on her way from work and talk to them about buying the one they had in the store.  Didn't even have to convince them to sell it.  She asked and they said yes.  To top it off, they knocked $1,100 off the price.  Retailed for $1,599 and sold it to her for $499.  Moral of the story, if you see a seasonal item there talk to them about buying the floor model once they are done with it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @Eggcelsior @tarheelmatt  Learned something new about Costco today.  So yesterday I asked my wife if she had received an update about when the back ordered furniture would arrive.  She dug through her emails and found nothing.  As in she never ordered it.  It was still sitting in her shopping cart.  Told her stop by the store on her way from work and talk to them about buying the one they had in the store.  Didn't even have to convince them to sell it.  She asked and they said yes.  To top it off, they knocked $1,100 off the price.  Retailed for $1,599 and sold it to her for $499.  Moral of the story, if you see a seasonal item there talk to them about buying the floor model once they are done with it.
    Makes you wonder the markup is on those units too!  Glad you came out on top!  

You probably made Dylan feel sick  a little.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Wow. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Makes you wonder the markup is on those units too!  Glad you came out on top!  

You probably made Dylan feel sick  a little.  
    Not at all! That's awesome! As long as the floor model looks good, go for it. That's what makes me sick about wooden products, since they screw them to the pallet to keep moron kids from pulling the display onto themselves.

Edit: @tarheelmatt Nothing inside Costco is marked up more than 11-14%, unless required by law(cigarettes, booze, gas). They took a big loss on that, but less than a full loss since these displays are non-resale, so they wind up in the trash compactor. I should know, since I remember the PITA it is to bend those aluminum frames to fit in the compactor door.

Nice try at trolling though, 7/10.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Very little damage. Nothing the dogs or kids wouldnt have done in the first week. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL