Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First attempt at sausage and cheese stuffed bread(pics)

ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
edited 9:34AM in EggHead Forum
Wow this tasted good! I just followed the instructions on the back of the bag of flour for the bread part and used the BGE recipe for stuffed bread posted here awhile back. Now I know why people get bread machines, kneading for 10 minutes starts to work you. I let it rise until it a little more doubled, then I smashed it down and kneaded it about a minute. I let it rest again for 30 minutes then I rolled it out and added the cooked sausage and cheddar cheese. Roll it up and seal the edges and let it rest again for 30 minutes. Then on the egg at 375 for about 35 minutes.

Smeared butter on it when it was still hot and sprinkled parmesian cheese over it. I hope there is some left to take to our friends to watch the game!

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Is the the sausage roll in a bundt pan recipe? Yours sure looks good. I've got pork burgers on now and a fattie in waiting in the fridge.....I might have to go for the option play and make the sausage bread roll!

• dhuffjr,
    That's the one! I just don't have a bunt pan so I just made a football out of it!

• ronbeaux, sure looks goin to be doing that in March?

• Rumrunner,
    It's on my list so far.

• ronbeaux, Cool! How feasible would it be to bake little individual, single serving loaves? Talk about the ultimate finger food! [p]Brett

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    The Virginian,
    I'd think the bread to stuffing ratio would change to much for it to be a true finger food. You could probably makem a bit larger than a hot pocket and it turn out okay though.

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,005
    Morning ronbeaux:[p]I was out of town all weekend (granddaughter's 6th birthday) and away from the computer. That sausage/cheese bread ball looks great. Did it taste as good as it looks? Looks like there will be more than just Kathy & I cooking those in Atlanta next month.[p]Have a GREAT day!

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• secondbread001.jpg
    <p />SSN686,
    It was real good. Didn't even last the whole LSU game. Tried it again the next day, here's a shot right off the egg. Should be able to do this in the small with a barrier for indirect. Since I didn't have a bunt pan I just rolled it up like a football. Only takes about 2.5 hours to completion, from mixing the dough to completing the cook.