Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Costco Membership

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Anyone actually bought an AC unit there?
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Another vote for the Exec/Visa. 4% cash back on gas anywhere. Rewards checks almost fully covered a patio set this year.
    @Eggcelsior  I'm assuming you bought the patio set from Costco?  If so how is it holding up?  We bought one this past weekend from there, but it was website only and on back order.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Citi cash back card and Executive...both paid well last year.  Converted my old AmX cash back to AmX return and use that at Sam's...3 way winner.  Saved $$$$ when purchased the new MDX.  The auto dealer honors the Costco card.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Another vote for the Exec/Visa. 4% cash back on gas anywhere. Rewards checks almost fully covered a patio set this year.
    @Eggcelsior  I'm assuming you bought the patio set from Costco?  If so how is it holding up?  We bought one this past weekend from there, but it was website only and on back order.
    Great, so far. It's a sofa, ottoman, and 2 club chairs. Sunbrella fabric. Bought covers for the set to eliminate the need to constantly clean bird poop, as it sits under a pergola they congregate on waiting for their turn at the feeder.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I would hope that stuff lasts.  Comparing their furniture prices to that of Lowes, etc, it's a lot more.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I would hope that stuff lasts.  Comparing their furniture prices to that of Lowes, etc, it's a lot more.  
    Huh? My set retail is almost double the price.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Seems a conversation set at Lowes is roughly $500.  Costco sets don't start until at $1500.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Seems a conversation set at Lowes is roughly $500.  Costco sets don't start until at $1500.  
    Now I'm worried. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Now I'm worried. 
    You planning to buy patio furniture? This seems to be one thing I have noticed to be expensive.  Now, is this apples to apples with Lowes stuff?  I don't know, probably not, just an observation.  

Go get your membership and sign up for the Citi card, and buy some $hit.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Not all sets are created equal. Mines an Agio International "4 piece deep seating set", wicker over an aluminum frame. No straps or bands, 6 pillows included. Equivalent sets from traditional outdoor stores are around 1800-2200 dollars.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Now I'm worried. 
    You planning to buy patio furniture? This seems to be one thing I have noticed to be expensive.  Now, is this apples to apples with Lowes stuff?  I don't know, probably not, just an observation.  

Go get your membership and sign up for the Citi card, and buy some $hit.  
    Also, mine was 899. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Not all sets are created equal. Mines an Agio International "4 piece deep seating set", wicker over an aluminum frame. No straps or bands, 6 pillows included. Equivalent sets from traditional outdoor stores are around 1800-2200 dollars.
    Yeah, I'm sure my observation isn't comparing apples to apples there.  I have seen a few sets at Costco before, I've avoided them as they're too rich for my tastes.  I'm sure they'll hold up a lot better than at Lowes, and HD.  

I want to get a set for my back deck and cringe at the $500 set I like from Lowes.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

This is is my exact set, for reference.
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    We have the Executive. Used to pay for itself. Since we no longer buy any meat at Costco we only get back about $70. 
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Well I did it. I appreciate y'all convincing me to spend money all the time.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I just left Costco for my first time. The meat section was amazing. I didn't buy anything. Bc I had to change my pants. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just left Costco for my first time. The meat section was amazing. I didn't buy anything. Bc I had to change my pants. 
    @ Central_Bama_Egger   Did you  just say you took your first trip to Costco and didn't buy anything? ?  No pictures. It didn't happen. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    @ Central_Bama_Egger   Did you  just say you took your first trip to Costco and didn't buy anything? ?  No pictures. It didn't happen. 
    Yeah. Overwhelmed to say the least. I was not prepared. At all. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    @Central_Bama_Egger I did the same my first trip to Costco and Sam's, now I can't leave without some kind of meat.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Yeah. Overwhelmed to say the least. I was not prepared. At all. 
    My favorite thing is no questions asked about returns. You walk up and they say " would you like me to credit this to your card? " Yes thank you. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I appreciate you dudes steering me in that direction. Got a kid on the way. So the diapers, wipes and formula will probably be grabbed from there. Along with a couple of those freakin ribeyes I saw. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Great place to buy a whole ribeye for dry aging. 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    @Central_Bama_Egger I have the executive membership, Costco visa, and restaurant depot membership.  There's just the two of us and the end of year check always cover the membership+.  The Costco visa is just icing on the cake.  I got overwhelmed my first time at restaurant depot.  It's not right for you since everything is in bulk, but, I highly recommend visiting once just for the experience.

And bring a winter jacket for the freezer...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    @Central_Bama_Egger I have the executive membership, Costco visa, and restaurant depot membership.  There's just the two of us and the end of year check always cover the membership+.  The Costco visa is just icing on the cake.  I got overwhelmed my first time at restaurant depot.  It's not right for you since everything is in bulk, but, I highly recommend visiting once just for the experience.

And bring a winter jacket for the freezer...
    I actually met a fella on here a few years back. Traded with him on some accessories. Met him at the RD in bham. I was fascinated. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    Anyone actually bought an AC unit there?
    A friend of mine did, and I almost did a few years back. Decided to replace the evaporator coil only instead, and try to squeeze some more time out of the existing units. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I appreciate you dudes steering me in that direction. Got a kid on the way. So the diapers, wipes and formula will probably be grabbed from there. Along with a couple of those freakin ribeyes I saw. 
    Kirkland formula was half the price of Enfamil 3 yrs ago. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    caliking said:
    Kirkland formula was half the price of Enfamil 3 yrs ago. 
    Still is. Diapers are great price and well made too. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    The lady pirate and I have the executive and it works for us, nobody has mentioned it before but though Costco Travel you sometimes get added benefits on travel like cash rewards or more savings. We did our Honeymoon to Maui through Costco and it saved us around 2k with added 500$ American Express gift card (back in the good ol AMEX days) 

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    you are a better man than me, Usually I go in there for just one thing (kureg coffee) and come out with all sorts of crap, pirate house hold joke is you can't go to Costco without spending 200$

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    The lady pirate and I have the executive and it works for us, nobody has mentioned it before but though Costco Travel you sometimes get added benefits on travel like cash rewards or more savings. We did our Honeymoon to Maui through Costco and it saved us around 2k with added 500$ American Express gift card (back in the good ol AMEX days) 
    Holy Crap. Me and the little lady went to Hawaii for the honeymoon. We were supposed to gonna make on the 5 year. I changed jobs and that got cancelled. But now we're planning our 10 year. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE