Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Nothing like a new puppy to liven up a household!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Please meet our new Westie named Corky. We love the breed and this is our 5th son.
https://youtu.be/eX1V76LDTw8
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    RRP said:
    Please meet our new Westie named Corky. We love the breed and this is our 5th son.
    https://youtu.be/eX1V76LDTw8
    The wife says absolutely adorable. And I say, to quote you, well played.
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Cute pup Ron. Enjoy the time. They grow up so fast. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You should give @Ozzie_Isaac some pointers, maybe he'll get past the stink eye from his entire family. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Good lord Ron, there's no way you can compete with that. Too cute. Enjoy buddy!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I would've thought you might go for a pricier breed, but congratulations!   Enjoy!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Great lil guy Ron, enjoy the times. They do bring so much happiness to our lives. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    @RRP brings back memories of Lucy when she was a pup, but she's 13 now and still going strong.  I'm with you, love Westies...have always had one.  
  • RRP
    Options
    @RRP brings back memories of Lucy when she was a pup, but she's 13 now and still going strong.  I'm with you, love Westies...have always had one.  
    Thanks - Lucy is a cutie!!! and we could not agree more! We lost our first 3 Westies at age 12 - like clockwork, but this Spring we lost our 4th one named Brogan to cancer at 11.

We were supposed to have gotten our next pup last year as I had put down a deposit in Nov '15, but the new stud was firing blanks. At least this little corker  came along finally in April!

Though we are retired and home all the time - this will be our first puppy to house break on our own in 35 or more years as the older guy always trained to new "auxiliary Westie"! I mean it - the house breaking effort is a snap with an older male dog "saying" DON'T DO THAT IN MY HOUSE!!!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    You should give @Ozzie_Isaac some pointers, maybe he'll get past the stink eye from his entire family. 
    That is just cold man, cold.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks - Lucy is a cutie!!! and we could not agree more! We lost our first 3 Westies at age 12 - like clockwork, but this Spring we lost our 4th one named Brogan to cancer at 11.

We were supposed to have gotten our next pup last year as I had put down a deposit in Nov '15, but the new stud was firing blanks. At least this little corker  came along finally in April!

Though we are retired and home all the time - this will be our first puppy to house break on our own in 35 or more years as the older guy always trained to new "auxiliary Westie"! I mean it - the house breaking effort is a snap with an older male dog "saying" DON'T DO THAT IN MY HOUSE!!!
    You got that right.  When a trained dog is in the house, breaking a dog is easy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Never met a westie that wasn't a great dog. Looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Congrats what a joy!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congratulations on the new pooch Ron. However I'm a little disappointed that you didn't name him Money or Gold Mine ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    Congratulations on the new pooch Ron. However I'm a little disappointed that you didn't name him Money or Gold Mine ;)
    I thought about naming him after you, Scottie, but then I thought it would be wrong yelling for him to come in...you know...*SSHOLE..hey *SSHOLE...come home boy! =)=)=) 
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    I thought about naming him after you, Scottie, but then I thought it would be wrong yelling for him to come in...you know...*SSHOLE..hey *SSHOLE...come home boy! =)=)=) 
    I guess I kind of deserved that ole buddy  =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Actually Scottie... I still like you, but this rich *hit is getting kinda old and even hurts some days. 
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Actually Scottie... I still like you, but this rich *hit is getting kinda old and even hurts some days. 
    Ron, if that is honestly true, I will cease and desist with the money jokes. No harm no foul was ever meant for my part. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:

Ron, if that is honestly true, I will cease and desist with the money jokes. No harm no foul was ever meant for my part. 
    Thanks, buddy! Can't believe I shared my male story of indirectly calling you an a-hole with my wife last night which p*ssed her off at me for being so mean and crass! sigh...women just don't get male humor... 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So very cute. Yes the part with you and SGH. 
    Oh, very cool puppy. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.