Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Tikka Masala

Options
Hooleee sheeeeet....made chicken tikka masala served over jasmine rice with Costco naan.  Used this recipe but left out the almonds and used tomato puree instead of tomatoes. http://thebbqbuddha.com/big-green-egg-chicken-tikka-masala/

Hands down the best thing I've made on the egg.  Will be doing this again.

Comments

• PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 356
    Options
    Looks great, I love a good masala
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Yes yes yes! 
  • NewbeeMinimax
    NewbeeMinimax Posts: 174
    Options
    Have to try this one. Thanks 
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Looks great, thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    A family favorite 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    One of my favorite cooks as well. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Mmmmm.  That looks great. 

However, after seeing @caliking bang out perfect naan on an upside down skillet on a MiniMax, homemade may be the way to go. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Bookmarked- thanks!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Boiler Up!
    LBGE and Mini
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    20stone said:
    Mmmmm.  That looks great. 

However, after seeing @caliking bang out perfect naan on an upside down skillet on a MiniMax, homemade may be the way to go. 
    He's put in so much effort in perfecting that I'm not sure I could do it justice.  The Costco naan was pretty good after 30 seconds per side on the grill, but I'm sure doesn't hold a candle to his.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
     Looks fantastic. Haven't seen that site before but just browsing on my phone out by the grill looks to have some other good ideas as well.  Nicely Done!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice plate! 

If you followed the recipe from that link exactly, try adding the spices to the aromatics next time, before adding the tomatoes in. You'll probably love it even more. 

I've posted the naan recipe and technique elsewhere, which should be relatively easy to execute. The hard part was figuring it all out :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    caliking said: it
    Nice plate! 

If you followed the recipe from that link exactly, try adding the spices to the aromatics next time, before adding the tomatoes in. You'll probably love it even more. 

I've posted the naan recipe and technique elsewhere, which should be relatively easy to execute. The hard part was figuring it all out :)
    I cooked the onions, garlic, and ginger for a few minutes and then added the garam masala and cayenne and chili powder for a few minutes before adding the tomato.  Results were fantastic.  Maybe I'll be brave enough to try your naan someday.   ;)