Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fantastic BBQ advice on GMA this morning.

Options
Fantastic advice if you want people to avoid your food that is. Maybe you don't want to be the cook every holiday. If that is the case, this should keep them away. 
First bit of wisdom, inject your meat with Liquid Smoke. You can get it at any grocery store, they said.
Best tip of all, precook your meat in the oven before putting it on the grill, that way the outside does not burn before the inside is done. The real kicker, "350 degrees for about two hours" for the precook, and they did not even specify different cooks, just referred to the BBQ as meat.
Amazing advice for certain. No mention of smoking, gas vs. charcoal, direct vs. indirect etc...

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Sad part is people will try it....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    I feel like such a fool for all the years and money I've wasted screwing around with BBQ.  Why didn't somebody tell me it was this easy 50 years ago?     

• scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Off to the oven to make some BBQ.  =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I think I've turned on GMA once or twice over the years, mostly by accident.  Could never take more than a few minutes of it.  Good to know I've really been missing out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I think I've turned on GMA once or twice over the years, mostly by accident.  Could never take more than a few minutes of it.  Good to know I've really been missing out.  
    I'd guess 80%of the program or more is advertisement posing as content/news
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I detest liquid smoke. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    In my defense, the weekend edition is more watchable than the weekday blabber.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Hey egg nation, lets try it!   Ha!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's good advice.  This time of year it is too hot to do the whole cook out by the grill.   :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX