Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Terrorists have won

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,432
That purest of American icons, Martha Stewart, has a PBS cooking show called Martha Stewart's Cooking School.  I watch it occasionally if nothing else is going on, pick up a few things here and there.
This entire season she's only doing recipes from the Middle East.   :o

And I sure wish I'd set up my DVR to record all the shows; some of the dishes look fantastic and she's not shying away from all those spices that I'm not all that familiar with.  Anyone else see it?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Haven't seen it but I do love Persian food. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    My PBS tv station isn't carrying the show yet. Maybe they will in a few months.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Not sure how they have won anything. 
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Is she cooking with lots of pork?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No big deal.  That was part of her parole agreement with the previous administration!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I'm pretty sure they won when they started asking us to take our shoes off at the airport.
    So who won when we shoved a missile up their ass?

Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Wolfpack said:
    I'm pretty sure they won when they started asking us to take our shoes off at the airport.

Duh... We did!!!

But we still have to take our shoes off at the airport, even though it solved everything.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Wolfpack said:

I don't know, you still taking your shoes off at the airport?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    It was a joke- pretty sure there isn't going to be a winner in this one. 

We are spending trillions bombing people already in the Stone Age back into the Stone Age.

But in answer to your question, I travel weekly and haven't taken my shoes off in years. Pre-check is awesome. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • I dont. Its called TSA Precheck.
    Gittin' there...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Wolfpack said:

We are spending trillions bombing people already in the Stone Age back into the Stone Age.

But in answer to your question, I travel weekly and haven't taken my shoes off in years. Pre-check is awesome. 
    Lol I have pre-check too.  It's great.   But we still have way too much security theatre in this country.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    If you like Martha Stewart, give Lara Vitale a look. She has some great recipes and she is a little easier on the eyes than Martha =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Note to Self:  Don't use "click-bait" titles in this forum anymore.   :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Scottie, don't know if you knew Martha got her start as a model?

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that judges my food based on the physical attractiveness of the chef.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Botch said:
    I actually did know that brother Botch. She was hot in her day. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Martha was pretty hot in her Christmas Special

Flint, Michigan
  • Wolfpack
    SGH said:
    Botch said:
    I actually did know that brother Botch. She was hot in her day. 
    And aged like an open can of tuna fish

Greensboro, NC
  • Botch
    <Bump!>

I shoulda probably let this thread sink, but I'm laughing too hard.  
    At the beginning of some PBS shows they mention a couple of sponsors for that program.  Two of Martha's sponsors were: Al Qatar Airlines, and Al Jazeera English!!  
    :lol:

(and I am recording the shows now, and may be willing to try grilled eggplant one more time)

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Wolfpack said:

My new safety shoes have plastic toecaps. First time for ages I haven't had to take them off.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Eoin - shoe construction materials won't get you a pass on this side of the pond unless you are in the TSA Pre-Check program or 75 years of age or older.    And so it goes-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    @Eoin - shoe construction materials won't get you a pass on this side of the pond unless you are in the TSA Pre-Check program or 75 years of age or older.    And so it goes-
    The age thing is the tip off that the whole thing is a charade.